Senior Electrical & Solar Engineer
Company: Pure Power Engineering
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Summary PV Pros is seeking an experienced engineer to provide
technical due diligence and development support services. The
candidate shall possess experience and understanding in the design,
installation, operation, maintenance, & repair of commercial and
utility scale solar PV & energy storage systems. This position
offers tremendous opportunity for growth and advancement as the
business expands. About PV Pros PV Pros provides nationwide Owner's
Engineering services for investors, owners, & financiers of solar
PV and storage systems. We ensure our client's success by being a
trusted advisor in technical risk management and project delivery
support. PV Pros is a trusted name in the solar & storage industry
with an experienced multidisciplinary engineering team &
standardized processes that support single projects or large
portfolios of commercial and utility scale projects.
Responsibilities The Engineer is responsible for conducting
technical due diligence, engineer reviews, PVsyst & energy models,
performance analysis & reporting, and on-site inspections. A senior
candidate can be fast tracked to include project management
responsibilities. Desktop Engineering
- Review drawings, reports, & contracts.
- Create reports of findings with photos, descriptions, severity,
- Interfacing with project owners/stakeholders as a consultant
who assesses technical and financial risk for their projects.
Assist in determining the financial impact on performance or cost
- Work with the installers/contractors to ensure they understand
the problems and solutions to the issues you identified.
- Providing background research on technical questions both for
internal use and for clients. Field Engineering
- Conduct the on-site activities of technical due diligence.
- Visual inspections for workmanship, code compliance, and best
- Commissioning & re-commissioning - visual inspections plus
testing/measurements of equipment performance.
- Construction monitoring site visits, reporting on QC issues and
overall progress of construction vs schedule. Project Management
- Communication - Main point of contact for client(s) projects.
Manage relationships with project stakeholders, including project
owner & investors, off-takers, equipment vendors, etc.
- Scheduling & Budgets - Manage budget, schedule, subcontractor
supervision, and client relationships. Ensure projects are executed
ahead of schedule and under budget.
- Execution of work - Manage the parallel execution of multiple
projects in various stages. Leadership & Subject Matter Expert
- Elevate the technical capabilities of the organization.
- Contribute to a centralized knowledge base for others in the
company to use.
- Develop training programs such as best practices,
troubleshooting procedures, and equipment use.
- Create standardized forms the engineers will use.
- Mastery of the National Electrical Code as applicable to solar
and energy storage systems.
- Technology evaluation and risk assessment. .Requirements:
Required Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years Experience in the solar PV industry.
- Able to take highly technical issues and communicate them in a
manner that can be understood by non-technical clients.
- Ability to travel out of state for short periods of time.
- Have a valid driver's license with clean driving record.
- Be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
- Able to work outdoors in extreme environments. Preferred
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years' experience in solar engineering or project management
within an EPC.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent career experience.
- NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certificate
- OSHA 30 Location The role will start remote (work from home)
until COVID clears up, then will transition to 60% remote and 40%
in the Hoboken Office. However, 100% remote will be considered for
exceptionally qualified candidates . PV Pros is in exciting
downtown Hoboken. We are next to public transportation options from
NYC and Northern NJ. We also provide a private parking spot for
those that wish to drive to the office. Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. We pay
100% of our employee benefits costs and offer healthcare plans,
dental, vision and 401K matching. Equal Opportunity Employer PV
Pros is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and
respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is
the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote
persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and
inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Keywords: Pure Power Engineering, Hoboken , Senior Electrical & Solar Engineer, Professions , Hoboken, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!