Business Analyst Lead
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Lead Business AnalystHoboken, New JerseyWe are in one of the
most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and
economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a
learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research
discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve
their goals and people achieve success from education through their
career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our
secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt
to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company's
headquarters are in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the
U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.SummaryAuthor Services
team in Research Technology is seeking an experienced Business
Analyst Lead who will work. Alongside other business analysts and
product manager to understand business needs and processes. The BA
will be responsible to perform detailed requirements' analysis,
documenting requirements and processes. The candidate will also
play a key role in User Acceptance Testing and tech analysis of
production issues. To succeed in this role, BA should have a
natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult
concepts to non-technical users.About the Role
- Take ownership of gathering requirements, documenting those
requirements, and working with project / program managers to create
appropriate epics and stories in JIRA.
- Execute requirements and backlog management in agile Software
- Construct workflow diagrams and supporting documents.
- Maintain program backlog, keep it current with priorities.
- Analyze historical trends and develop new insights and
- Work closely with the colleagues in Customer Support and
Product Tech Support teams to understand pain points and issues,
develop the best approaches to address them.
- Work closely with Author Services leads to realize solutions,
periodic review of implementations and escalate issues.
- Work with developers and quality engineers to prioritize any
bugs that are found through the QE and UAT process.
- Act as an expert tester and reference for business testers
during user acceptance procedures for newly developed
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology.
- 5 - 7 years of Information Technology, systems integration
and/or quality assurance.
- Work in the position of business analyst/senior business
analyst for an IT company during last three years.
- Basic knowledge of software development lifecycle and processes
(experience in Agile development approach).
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with
business stakeholders and development teams.
- Organizing requirements into Epics, stories
- Strong experience in establishing a customer relationship and
create a pipeline for requirements.
- Critical thinker with good judgment and initiative
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills.At
Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring,
and embrace people who get excited about learning whether online or
by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring
your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It's in our
differences that we empower the way the world learns.Wiley is a
diverse, global organization and we are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer.Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants and treat all
applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, or based on any
individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable
federal, state or local laws.Location/Division:221 River St,
Hoboken, NJ 07030, USAJob Requisition:44169Time Type:Full Time
Keywords: Wiley, Hoboken , Business Analyst Lead, Professions , Hoboken, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!