Editorial Administrator- Entry Level (Hybrid-Hoboken)
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Editorial Administrator- Entry Level (Hybrid-Hoboken) Hoboken ,
New Jersey Apply Now Internals Apply Here Share this job
- share to linkedin
- share to twitter
- share to facebook
- share by email Key QualitiesCommunication
- Candidate should be able to communicate in a clear,
professional, and effective manner with team members, both internal
- Candidate will interact with external team members such as
title reviewers, survey participants, and discipline authors and
subject matter experts.
- Candidate will be responsible for providing regular updates on
their work to the team in live meetings and tracking
- Candidate should be able to track their completed tasks, as
well as those in progress, to ensure resolutions in a timely
- This role will introduce the candidate to different workflows
with varying degrees of priority. In conjunction with their team,
the candidate will be expected to learn to establish their
schedules based on title priorities.Professional Development
- As we explore new business models, internal systems, and ways
of working, an ideal candidate should show a willingness to learn
new processes and an ability to adapt to new work
styles.Professional ResponsibilitiesProduct Quality Control
- Create and monitor product setup to reflect accurate
representation of our products in systems.
- Ensure product data integrity and build an understanding of
interrelationships across systems to anticipate data issues before
they occur.Author/Contributor Support
- Examines, researches, and resolves editorial issues; addresses
escalated issues; responds to team members concerns; oversees
editorial workload, productivity, and quality; and identifies work
- Create purchase orders for contracted work; check status of
payments with Accounts Payable group; and ensure accurate royalty
information is reflected in our systems.
- Point person to ensure authors receive pre-revision materials
and that contractual titles are received.Title Review Process
- Create and send title surveys to reviewers.
- Collate and summarize survey results.
- Pay honorariums to survey participants.
- Be proactive in securing new reviewers and updating the
reviewer database.Sales and Marketing
- Follow-up on conference feedback.
- Respond to sales reps' and customers' questions.
- Provide timely responses to the sales
- Bachelor's degree in English, Business, Journalism, Marketing,
or Communications required OR equivalent combination of education
and experience required.
- Experience and proficiency with standard Microsoft Office
Applications (i.e., Word, Excel).
- Experience and familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe
Acrobat Professional and app-based project management systems
(i.e., Smartsheet).Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong PC skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing priorities.
- Effective relationship-building skills.
- Time management, planning, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to conceptualize and think creatively.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Demonstrate proactive problem-solving capabilities.This is a
Hybrid opportunity, setup would be 2-3 days in the office and the
remaining days would be work from homeLearning is the most powerful
force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees
deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all
working towards a common purpose - to help everyone achieve their
potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality,
digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments
and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow
with the world around them. We are the world's leading learning
company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.Pearson believes that
wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to
being an anti-racistcompany in everything we do. We value the power
of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote
a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are
accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all
individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through
our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make
us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the
center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and
workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive. To learn more
about Pearson's commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce,
please click here:
is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a
member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that
represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The
more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment
is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other
group protected by law.Job: PUBLISHINGOrganization: Higher
EducationSchedule: FULL_TIMEReq ID: 9687
Keywords: Pearson, Hoboken , Editorial Administrator- Entry Level (Hybrid-Hoboken), Other , Hoboken, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!