Freelance Technical Fashion Designer
Company: Kelly Faetanini LLC
Posted on: November 27, 2022
About the company:
Kelly Faetanini is a rapidly growing wedding dress brand that sells
wholesale to bridal boutiques around the world and has recently
expanded by opening their first retail bridal store in New York
City. The brand has become synonymous with femininity, romance and
the essence of a classic soul with a modern twist. Keeping her
customers in mind, many of her gowns feature customizable options
and unique selling features.
At Kelly Faetanini, everything we do in our business is focused on
creating a better experience for our customers to truly give them a
"wow" experience that is untouchable. We are a dynamic and fast
paced company focused on finding innovative ways to better serve
our customers. We are a growth mindset group that is always
striving to have a positive impact in our industry.
About the position:
Kelly Faetanini is looking for a Freelance Senior Technical
Designer. This position is a hybrid position which will require IN
PERSON fittings in our Hoboken, NJ office. Communication and
comments can be done remotely but in person is required for all
We conduct 4 fittings per season which takes place over the course
of 6 months when we launch a new collection. We produce 2
collections per year so it would be expected to conduct 8 fittings
per year that last a few days for each fitting.
* Review, measure, and evaluate sample fit from proto stage to
* Preparing and evaluating fit on the model & dress form with
accuracy and speed
* Taking notes and photos of evaluation of samples during model
* Distribute the specs to appropriate factories, and complete
revisions on a timely basis.
* Review garments against previously requested specifications for
fit and construction
* Communicate with overseas team members on all technical issues,
fit changes, providing technical expertise on how to correct or
achieve a desired look, with ensuring that there is correlation
between correction and updated spec.
* Able to set basic priorities for own workload in order to hit
* Help to track samples received and approvals with the following
* Keep and maintain accurate records of all technical details of
*Following Design direction for aesthetic.*
* Understand the end to end product development process from
concept to delivery.
* Good Time Management Skills with ability to set priorities and
review with designer.
* Ability to work in a fluid, FAST PACED, multi-channel
* Understanding of complex pattern principles and how to resolve
challenging fit issues.
*Skills & Requirements*
* Bachelor's degree in Apparel/Technical Design, Textile Sciences
or a related field.
* 7+ years of experience in technical design of apparel is a MUST,
bridal a plus
* Advanced knowledge of apparel development process from inception
through production, including but not limited to: pattern making,
grading, construction manufacturing, embroidery, materials, and
machinery used in apparel.
* MS Excel, Word, Adobe, PLM experience.
* Knowledge of computer pattern making software is plus
* Good communication skills
* Experience working with overseas teams.
Job Types: Contract, Part-time
Pay: $35.00 - $50.00 per hour
* Garment construction: 5 years (Preferred)
* Fashion design: 7 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Kelly Faetanini LLC, Hoboken , Freelance Technical Fashion Designer, Other , Hoboken, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!