Company: Pure Power Engineering
Posted on: November 21, 2022
About Pure Power
Pure Power is an engineering firm specializing in designing big,
challenging, and high-profile Solar PV systems. As a full-service
engineering firm, we create the electrical and structural drawings
and calculation packages for bidding, permits and construction, as
well as supporting the lead up to the full engineering drawings,
primarily interconnection support and electrical/structural
Those that join the company have an opportunity to:
- Work in a fast growing, exciting, & innovative industry
- Have a career with purpose and impact on the environment
- Contribute to the best and largest firm in the solar industry
with a great reputation built over the past 10 years
- Take pride in the fact that our services really are the best in
the industry. There is no fake it until you make it here
- You will work alongside our in-house Structural PE to generate
the solar industry's best structural design, analysis, and
- Perform structural analysis for building structures and solar
mounting systems such as ballasted roof, attached roof, ground
mount, and elevated canopy/carports.
- Produce required structural analysis documentation for the
approval of solar permits.
- Determine and prepare wind and seismic calculations to ensure
the integrity and compliance of the photovoltaic mounting
- Use AutoCAD to generate drawings and sketches.
- Lead or participate in project meetings and conference
- Perform on-site structural inspections and gather information
on as-built conditions.
- Work cross functionally with other teams within and outside the
engineering department to ensure clients' needs and internal
deadlines are met.
- Degree in Structural Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant structural design experience in a variety
of commercial building projects.
- Willing and able to conduit site visits to gather information
on existing structures up to 60% of the time.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering
- Experience with various structural software packages for
analysis and design such as RAM Connection, TEDDS, ETABS,
- Analysis of buildings and multi-level parking garages.
- Calculation of all kinds of loads acting on a given structure
(wind load, seismic load, snow load, and combinations these loads
per code, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of engineering standards, codes, and other
applicable state and federal guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a
dynamic fast pace environment.
- Valid driver's license
- Active Professional Engineering license
- Economical and cost conscious design of concrete pads,
foundations, and structures (for inverter stations, switchgear
- Review of and coordination with solar racking system supplier,
including but not limited to; racking system components,
structures, and foundations.
- Familiarity with, and eventual mastery of, solar racking
manufacturer's designs and specifications.
- Experience in electrical pole design.
- Expertise in local building code requirements (IBC) and live
loads (wind, snow, etc.).
- Geotechnical engineering knowledge and experienced in
interpreting geotechnical reports, analysis of soil-structure
interaction, soil corrosion, bearing capacity, swell/settlement,
expansive soil, earth pressures, pavement section design, frost
heave, slope stability, underpinning, and shoring design.
- Background in steel design, concrete design, aluminum design
and cold formed steel framing system analysis and design.
- A background in surveying and coordinate systems.
- Interfacing closely with development, engineering, and
This position will be based out of our exciting downtown Hoboken,
NJ Headquarters with the flexibility to work a hybrid in-office and
remotely weekly schedule. We are next to public transportation
options from NYC and Northern NJ. We also provide a parking spot
for the days when an employee wishes to drive to the office and for
those that utilize public transportation, we will cover the costs
associated with traveling to and from the office.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. We pay
100% of our employee medical, dental, and vision benefits costs,
offer 401k matching, commuter benefits and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pure Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and
respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is
the policy of our company to recruit, hire, train and promote
persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and
inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Keywords: Pure Power Engineering, Hoboken , Structural Engineer, Other , Hoboken, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!