Posted on: August 2, 2022
At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you
are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and
technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on
your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better,
too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and
a better working world for all.
Enterprise Technology provides reliable, secure and resilient
technology services and solutions to support over 300,000 EY
people. As part of Enterprise Technology, you'll be at the
forefront of enabling innovative technologies including emerging
collaboration tools and world-class technology infrastructure.
Our aim is to build an outstanding customer experience with clear
investment in innovation, alongside operational excellence that
delivers efficient, quality services and solutions. You will work
with technologists and business specialists to meet the increasing
pace of our business. That means more growth for you, exciting
learning opportunities, career choices, and the chance to make a
You will help our internal customers navigate the complex world of
modern data analytics. We'll look to you to help our internal
customers with a unique business perspective on how Big Data
analytics can transform and improve their entire organization -
starting with key business issues they face. This is a high growth,
high visibility area with plenty of opportunities to enhance your
skillset and build your career.
Your key responsibilities
You'll spend most of your time working with a wide variety of
clients to deliver the latest big data technologies and practices
to design, build and maintain scalable and robust solutions that
unify, enrich and analyse data from multiple sources.
Skills and attributes for success
Designing, Architecting, and Developing solutions leveraging big
data technology (Open Source, AWS, or Microsoft) to ingest, process
and analyze large, disparate data sets to exceed business
- Unifying, enriching, and analyzing customer data to derive
insights and opportunities
- Leveraging in-house data platforms as needed and recommending
and building new data platforms and data applications based on
solutions patterns as required to exceed business requirements
- Clearly communicating findings, recommendations, and
opportunities to improve data systems and solutions
- Demonstrating deep understanding of big data technology,
concepts, tools, features, functions and benefits of different
- Seeking out information to learn about emerging methodologies
- Clarifying problems by driving to understand the true
- Looking for opportunities for improving methods and
- Applying data driven approach (KPIs) in tying technology
solutions to specific business outcomes
- Collaborating, influencing and building consensus through
constructive relationships and effective listening
- Solving problems by incorporating data into decision making
To qualify for the role you must have
A bachelor's degree and approximately three years of related work
experience; or a master's degree and approximately two years of
related work experience
- At least five years hands-on experience with various Big Data
technologies in one or more ecosystems: Open Source, Microsoft, or
- Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL, Streaming, Atlas, Sqoop, HIVE
- AWS, EMR, Hortonworks, Cassandra, Mongo, Redshift, Kafka,
- Azure Blob Storage Account ,SQL Data Warehouse, Microsoft Event
Hubs , HDInsights, Azure Databricks, Azure Functions, Event Grid,
Data Lake Analytics
- Proficiency coding in Python, Java, C#, C++, or Scala
- Experience with ETL/Batch and Near Real Time Processing
- Experience with Streaming Platforms (kafka, spark, streamsets
etc) and Complex Event Processing
- Experienced organizing, aggregating, querying, and analyzing
large data sets
- Communication is essential, must be able to listen and
understand the question and develop and deliver clear
- Outstanding team player.
- Independent and able to manage and prioritize workload.
- Ability to quickly and positively adapt to change.
- A valid driver's license in the US; willingness and ability to
travel to meet client needs.
Ideally, you'll also have
Bachelor's Degree or above in mathematics, information systems,
statistics, computer science, or related disciplines
- Nice to have: Adobe platform experience
- Nice to have: Adobe Experience Platform
- SaFE Agile methodology
What we look for
We're interested in passionate leaders with strong vision and a
desire to stay on top of trends in the Big Data industry. If you
have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve the full
potential of their data, this role is for you.
What we offer
As part of this role, you'll work in a highly integrated, global
team with the opportunity and tools to grow, develop and drive your
career forward. Here, you can combine global opportunity with
flexible working. The EY benefits package goes above and beyond
too, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social
well-being. Your recruiter can talk to you about the benefits
available in your country. Here's a snapshot of what we offer:
Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to
navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and
flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights,
coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you
are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Please apply to this role only through the 'Apply' link (not
through the local office). Your application will then be routed to
the appropriate recruiting team.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY - Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create
long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in
the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150
countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow,
transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and
transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for
the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing
equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without
regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran
status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis,
including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to
individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual
with a disability and either need assistance applying online or
need to request an accommodation during the interview process,
please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries)
and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will
route you to EY's Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer
Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: EY, Hoboken , Data Architect, Other , Hoboken, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!