Posted on: June 18, 2022
Burgiss is looking for a Applied Researcher to carry out
cutting-edge research and custom analyses for clients. As a member
of the Applied Research team, you will report to the Head of
Applied Research. This team is a group of researchers at Burgiss
that leverage our unique private capital datasets, which cover all
major private asset classes including private equity, private debt,
and private real estate. As a researcher:Location: Hybrid in the
Hoboken, NJ office Duration: full time/permQualifications and
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (such as
economics, mathematics, statistics). Graduate degree
- At least three years of experience in quantitative financial
research, although less experience is necessary for candidates with
a higher degree.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Skilled in using statistical software (e.g., R, MATLAB, Stata,
Python) in order to carry out reproducible research.
- Experience with private capital, Bayesian inference, or Machine
Learning is a plus.Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- An integral part of this role is communicating your ideas in
both written and verbal form. You will have regular client contact,
present in front of large audiences, and write about your ideas in
a variety of formats, ranging from long-form whitepapers to short
- Design innovative quantitative methodologies and products (for
example, our cash flow forecasting methodologies) for Burgiss
- Demonstrate the depth and coverage of the Burgiss data.
- Generate insights from the data for our clients.
- Carry out independent econometric research.
- Carry out rigorous statistical/econometric research is a
- Communicate research results regularly with others (internally
and externally) in both verbal and written form.
- Supervise the implementation of new methodologiesLife at
BurgissAt Burgiss, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 401(k) with employer match
- Multiple options for group medical, prescription, vision, and
dental plans incl FSA and HSA
- A corporate socially responsible company
- Tuition reimbursement
- Transit benefits
- Strong work-life balance
- Flexible remote work opportunitiesAbout Burgiss:Burgiss is a
global, market-leading provider of data and analytics solutions for
investors of private capital. With over 30 years of expertise in
private markets, we offer unrivaled data, analytics and
transparency that enable asset owners, asset managers and financial
intermediaries to understand, evaluate and manage private capital
portfolios. We partner with more than 1,000 firms in 32 countries,
delivering data that represents over $7.8 trillion in private
Keywords: Burgiss, Hoboken , Applied Researcher, Other , Hoboken, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!