Company: Ernst & Young LLP
Posted on: May 14, 2022
At EY, you will have the chance to build a career as unique as
you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and
technology to become the best version of you. And we are counting
on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better
too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and
a better working world for all.
Fueled by strategic investment in technology and innovation, Client
Technology seeks to drive growth opportunities and solve complex
business problems for our clients through building a robust
platform for business and powerful product engine that are integral
to innovation at scale. You will work with technologists and
business specialists, blending EY's deep industry knowledge and
innovative ideas with our platforms, capabilities, and technical
expertise. As a champion for change and growth, you will be at the
forefront of integrating emerging technologies from AI to Data
Analytics into every corner of what we do at EY. That means more
growth for you, exciting learning opportunities, career choices,
and the chance to make a real impact.
We are looking for a candidate who will be part of the Solution
Architecture team within the Client Technology Solution
Architecture function. The candidate will be responsible for
delivering solution designs and architectures for key global
initiatives hosted in a variety of environments considering re-use,
scalability and reliability in alignment with EY's mission and
You will holistically evaluate the architecture and use deep
technical expertise to understand the business impact of a
technical component, recommending and implementing new solutions,
ways of working and technologies to meet business requirements. You
will build relationships across the business to understand
requirements, apply deep technical knowledge of solution and
technical architecture to solve business problems and work closely
with other architecture and development teams to translate business
requirements into technical solutions.
This role will also create reliable solution plans that include
cost estimates and optimized delivery approaches by working with EY
business, multi-disciplinary teams including our peers in Technical
Solution Management and Product Costing.
Your key responsibilities
* Provide architecture leadership & domain expertise to client
engagements focusing on complex & innovative products and reusable
* Develop solution plans, prior to kicking off a project during a
product life cycle, intended to support business investment
decisions which means they must hold the appropriate balance
between costs, risks and quality of the product
* Create innovative and practical designs that account for the
end-to-end technical solution of the products, in line with the
business strategy and objectives and within the context of EY's
* Work closely and continuously with the clients to focus on
meeting business/client requirements and incorporating broader
aspects such as overall product costs/revenue, data privacy &
sovereignty, business continuity, information security, integration
with other systems, etc.
* Identify, define and implementing reusable assets and standards.
The solution architect is also responsible for adherence to these
standards and consumption of reusable assets across products and
* Ensure relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and
practices are applied correctly across Technology programs/projects
* Contribute to the development of architecture governance
structures, methodologies and compliance activities
* Work with the vendors to assess vendor products, understand
vendor's delivery models and assist in implementing them at EY.
* Ability to work across multiple projects with varied
stakeholders. A Solution Architect sets architectural direction,
builds consensus, mediates conflicts providing technical leadership
and advisory services to the business. They anticipates needs and
potential objections and helps to create an environment which
solicits positive contributions from all participants.
* Demonstrate good interpersonal communication and organizational
skills that are required to operate as a leading member of global,
distributed teams that deliver quality services and solutions.
* Cultivate lasting relationships across business, IT and vendors /
industry analysts to maintain insight into the broader enterprise
as well as industry trends.
* Recognizes industry technology trends and emerging technologies,
understands how they apply to EY and can drive their adoption into
* Evangelizes and encourages the importance of technical quality,
emerging technologies, sharing & experimentation across the org
through mentoring, hackathons, communities etc.
* Maintains ongoing dialogue and builds trusted relationships with
customers to educate them on the purpose and benefits of the right
architecture for the solution
* Guide others in resolving complex issues in solution architecture
and solves complex, escalated aspects of a product
* Monitor quality and progress of the project and reviews and
develops due diligence to confirm the developed solution align with
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
* Advanced understanding of solution architecture.
* Ability to adopt and relate new technologies to the set of
problems we face at EY while adhering to security and other EY
* Ability to communicate solutions, ideas, suggestions to business
partners effectively and comprehensibly
* Understanding of business and organizational strategy
* Deep understanding of Application, Infrastructure and security
architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance,
Scalability, Reliability, Availability, other "capabilities" of a
* Good understanding of the latest cloud computing and data
technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends, and
* IBM BPM experience is a must
* Java competency is also mandatory
* Expert-level skills in defining, designing and developing
distributed and scalable products and services, including reusable
domain-specific microservices on multi-platform /hybrid clouds
(such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Rackspace, VMware, or
* Ability to navigate the EY organization to facilitate work beyond
the immediate technical team
* Experience with Agile & DevSecOps methodologies;
* Excellent project management, collaboration, interpersonal and
* A broad understanding of EY Technology, including service
offerings, technical standards and policies, technical and business
strategies as well as organizational structure
* Strong collaboration abilities - willingness to share ideas,
documentation and leading practices
* Conceptual and analytical skills - ability to extract, analyze,
and document complex business and technical
Ideally, you'll also have
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science,
IT, Mathematics, Economics
* 10+ years overall IT industry experience
* 3+ years in a solution or technical architect role using service
and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and
* Experience in architecting and designing technical solutions for
Microsoft-centric solutions based on industry standards using
(Azure) IaaS, PaaS and SaaS capabilities.
* Experience with any claims-based authentication
(SAML/OAuth/OIDC), MFA, JIT, and/or RBAC / Ping etc.
* Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation,
encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management,
vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
* Managed the end-to-end lifecycles of a project in solution
* Experience with mission critical technology components with DR
* Experience with multi-geography, multi-tier service design and
* Comprehensive experience in financial management, solution plan
development and product cost estimation
* Solid business understanding, management and marketing
* Significant experience in presenting ideas, products, concept
papers to varied audiences
* Experience coaching and mentoring others
* Ability to deal efficiently with a variety of individuals and
groups in a constructive and collaborative manner to resolve
problems and achieve business goals
* Experience supporting peer teams and their responsibilities; such
as infrastructure, operations, engineering, info-security
* Experience with configuration management and automation tools
like Azure DevOps, Ansible, Puppet, Octopus, Chef, Salt, etc.
* Experience with Software development full lifecycle
methodologies, patterns, frameworks, libraries and tools
* Knowledge of more than one programming and scripting languages
Ruby, PERL, C++, etc.
* Experience with relational, graph and/or unstructured data
technologies such as SQL Server, Azure SQL, Cosmos, Azure Data
Lake, HD Insights, Hadoop, Neo4j etc.
* Experience in data movement and transformation technologies
* Working knowledge of visualization tools like Power BI or Tableau
and understanding of analytics tools including Azure Stream
Analytics, SQL Analytics, Data Lake Analytics.
* Experience with AI and Machine Learning tools such as Azure ML
* Delivered projects or initiatives using common methodologies
especially SAFe Agile but also Waterfall, Iterative etc.
* Extensive experience in project and/or product management
* Experience putting together architecture for mobile applications
that are either independent applications or supplementary addons
(to intranet or extranet)
* Achieved one or more of the typical Solution Architecture
certifications e.g. Microsoft, MS Azure Certification, TOGAF, AWS
Cloud Certified, Pivotal, CISSIP, Zachman, ITIL, Cisco, (ISC)2,
CEH, SAFe, PMI, and SAP etc.
What we look for
We want people who are self-starters, who can take initiative and
get things done. If you can think critically and creatively to
solve problems, you will excel. You should be comfortable working
with culturally diverse outsourced on/offshore team members which
means you may need to work outside of the normal working hours in
your time zone to partner with other Client Technology staff
globally. Some travel may also be required, both domestic and
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be
rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you
bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package
includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and
a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation
policy, you'll decide how much vacation time you need based on your
own personal circumstances. You'll also be granted time off for
designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family
Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your
physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
* Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to
navigate whatever comes next.
* Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and
flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
* Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching
and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
* Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are
and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please
contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY - Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create
long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in
the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150
countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow,
transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and
transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for
the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing
equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without
regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran
status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in
accordance with applicable law.
Keywords: Ernst & Young LLP, Hoboken , Solution Architect, Other , Hoboken, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!