IAM Solution Security Architect
Company: Ernst & Young LLP
Posted on: January 13, 2022
At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you
are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and
technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on
your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better,
too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and
a better working world for all.
Today's world is fueled by vast amounts of information, which means
that data is even more valuable than ever before. Protecting data
and information systems is central to doing business, and therefore
everyone in EY Information Security has an important role to play.
Join a global team of almost 900 people who collaborate to support
the business of EY by protecting EY and client information assets!
Information Security professionals enable
EY to work securely and deliver secure products and services, as
well as detect and quickly respond when things go wrong. Together,
the efforts of our dedicated team helps protect the EY brand and
build client trust.
Within Information Security we blend risk strategy, digital
identity, cyber defense, application security and technology
service solutions as we consider the entire security lifecycle. You
will join a team of hardworking, security-focused individuals
dedicated to supporting, protecting and enabling the business
through secure solutions and information systems.
The Identity & Access Management (IAM) solution Security Architect
reports to the Global Lead for IAM Architecture in a hands-on role
focused on the security architecture in the IAM space supporting
cloud services. The architect works directly with Lead Development,
Engineering and Operational resources through collaboration and
mentoring to shape the cloud IAM capabilities for the Firm.
The IAM Solution Security Architect's role is a technical position
which will support the development of security strategies and
architecture vision as it relates to the Firm's cloud initiatives,
specifically setting the direction for IAM as it relates to cloud.
The IAM Solution Security Architect will work with other Architects
and Service Owners to provide a consensus-based enterprise solution
that is scalable, adaptable and synchronized with the ever-changing
Essential Functions of the Job:
Primary responsibilities associated with this role are:
* Subject-matter expertise across all IAM topics as it relates to
both cloud and on-premises enterprise technology, and the
relationship between the architectures.
* Drive the adoption of Authentication and Authorization reference
architectures for existing, new, and emerging IAM technologies.
* Drive the adoption of creative solutions to address complex,
global IAM problems.
* Participate in Identity and Access Management enterprise
governance processes and drive IAM standards adoption.
* Develop effective architecture solutions that not only satisfy
immediate project requirements but also deliver a coherent,
reusable, reliable and phased architecture to help the business
grow and change while aligning to strategic vision.
* Create, maintain, and align the Firm's Information Security
policies and standards with industry best practices and business
needs in the adoption of cloud services and technologies.
* Represent Information Security on organizational project teams
and ensure adherence to existing security policies and
* Manage the successful technical delivery of Information Security
projects and services for our customers by working directly with
key business stakeholders, executives, and project teams. Security
architects are often the technical lead on initiatives and as such
must drive the vision and alignment of the solution delivery. This
is not a project manager role.
* Review and management of technical security roadmaps related to
cloud security and IAM within a cloud security context.
* Deliver technical security configuration architecture expertise
in implementing cross-organizational information sharing.
* Develop solutions and recommendations for issues caused by
process challenges, emerging threats, and technology changes.
* Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
* The individual in this role must be able to understand and
interpret identity and access management strategies and direction.
Further, the person must be able to bring together key tenets of
Information Security to the IAM strategies and develop technical
security solutions that properly align. The IAM Architect will
contribute to the overall effort of the IAM direction of the
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
The individual in this role must be well educated in general
aspects of Information Security, namely:
* Experience architecting IAM solutions within Microsoft Azure ,
Amazon Web Services (AWS) and, preferably, other cloud
* Intimately familiar with IAM related protocols such as SAML,
SPML, XACML, SCIM, OpenID and OAuth.
* Experience working with cloud security and governance tools,
cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization
* Federation concepts and technologies particularly with solutions
from ADFS and Ping Identity.
* In-depth experience with Microsoft Azure, particularly Azure AD
and architecture designs connecting Azure to enterprise
* Strong experience with Directories, SSO, Federation, Delegated
administration, API gateways, SOA services.
* Strong understanding of cloud computing architecture, technical
design and implementations, including Infrastructure as a Service
(IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service
(SaaS) delivery models.
* Excellent customer service and communication (oral / written)
* Strong critical thinking and analytical skills and ability to
think "out of the box" required.
* Must be able to work independently or with a team, under minimum
* Consults to key customers and senior management on project design
and development scope.
* Some knowledge of scripting languages (vbscript, powershell,
* Assists customer organizations with planning and implementing
complex architecture solutions.
Desired skills include
* Expert level experience in Cloud Authentication and Access
* Expert level experience in cloud solution development with Azure,
AWS, Google, or other relevant cloud solution architectures.
* Good understanding of Multi-Factor authentication and Privileged
* 2-3 years of software development experience is desirable.
* Must have working knowledge and understanding of networking
technologies such as LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, load balancers, firewalls
* Frequent travel is not required for this position. However, it is
anticipated that some travel may be required to participate in
vendor briefings, project meetings, and/or education opportunities.
Generally, travel would be no more than 5 to 6 times a year.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information Assurance, Computer
Science, Information Systems or related field of study.
* 8+ years of practical experience in the field of IT is required.
5+ years of direct Information Security experience.
* Certification Requirements:
* A security industry certification is preferred including but not
limited to CISSP, SSCP, CISM, SANS GSEC, ECSA, ECSP, and
What we offer
As part of this role, you'll work in a highly integrated, global
team with the opportunity and tools to grow, develop and drive your
career forward. Here, you can combine global opportunity with
flexible working. The EY benefits package goes above and beyond
too, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social
well-being. Your recruiter can talk to you about the benefits
available in your country. Here's a snapshot of what we offer:
* Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to
navigate whatever comes next.
* Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and
flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
* Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching
and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
* Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are
and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Please apply to this role only through the 'Apply' link (not
through the local office). Your application will then be routed to
the appropriate recruiting team.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY - Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create
long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in
the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150
countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow,
transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and
transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for
the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing
equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without
regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran
status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in
accordance with applicable law.
Keywords: Ernst & Young LLP, Hoboken , IAM Solution Security Architect, Other , Hoboken, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!