MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based
on an individual's status in any group or class protected by
applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications
from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all
other qualified applicants.
* Mechanical design, development and support.
* Conceptualization, design and development of new products.
* Project management - budget, schedule, performance.
* Support of existing and legacy products.
* Product redesign evaluation and modification.
* Prototype, manufacture and release to production of new
* Work closely with Electrical Engineers and
Production/Manufacturing with Phase & Product Design Reviews.
* Provide guidance to junior staff as required.
* Develop new LED Lighting designs.
* Review and improve on existing Lab Products
*Personal Specification/Essential Qualities*
* Extremely motivated.
* Ability to work within a fast-paced Multi-discipline
* Ability to work independently.
* Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
* Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
* Works well with others in a respectful manner.
* Organizational skills.
* Friendly and welcoming personality.
* Be able to multitask and juggle projects.
* Be deadline oriented.
* Be assertive and confident in your abilities.
* Have a can-do attitude.
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering is required,
Master's is preferred.
*Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
* Optical Design software: Trace-Pro or equivalent.
* CAD: AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor or SolidWorks.
* CAE: Autodesk Simulation or SolidWorks Simulation or
* Microsoft Office.
* 8+ years working experience in optical mechanical
Our Client offers state of the art LED lighting for application
in Aerospace, Ground Vehicle and Shipboard lighting.
* Comprehensive health and insurance benefits
* Paid Vacation time