Senior Platform Engineer - Federal DOD
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Platform Engineers at CDWG team with other engineers on
highly visible, technically challenging projects and offerings. As
a platform engineer, you will be responsible for installing,
configuring, and maintaining scalable and highly available virtual
environments utilizing a suite of automation techniques and tools.
Your technical expertise will be crucial as you help our valued
customers through their most difficult challenges by implementing
solutions that are directly related to national defense. Due to the
Federally focused nature of this work, the applicant will need to
be able to operate within a Department of Defense/Classified
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Regularly interface with technical and business staff of
customers, including the project sponsor and stakeholders of
projects in more complex engagements.
- Serve as technical point of contact on customer
- Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined
in the Statement of Work.
- Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate
- Ensure solution is implemented as designed to the customer's
satisfaction and approval.
- Educate the customer on solution as appropriate throughout the
life of the project or service life.
- Responsible for design, implementation, and troubleshooting the
customer's endpoint/user environment.
- Experience with automation in an enterprise environment using
Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CaC).
- Conduct throughput analysis, problem solving, and
- Participate in various client projects intended to continually
improve/upgrade the security posture the client's user
- Assist in the management of projects using CDWG's project
- Work with Professional Services Managers, OEMs, Project
Managers and customers to manage expectations and timelines to
ensure expectations and commitments are being met.
- Educates the customer on solution as appropriate throughout the
life of the project or service life.
The information in this position description is intended to
convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements
of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills,
efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated
with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- 7+ years of experience with engineering, administering,
designing, developing, integrating, and automating IT
infrastructure platforms, including k8s, Openshift, Docker Swarm,
VMware vSphere/VMware Tanzu/VMware Cloud Foundations (VCF).
- Experience with engineering, administering, designing,
developing, integrating, and automating IT cloud infrastructure
platforms, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or
Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Experience with using version control systems, including Git,
SVN, or BitBucket.
- Experience with DevOps implementation using Jenkins, Gitlab, or
REST, JSON, YAML, and HCL.
- Experience with configuration management tools and techniques,
including Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt and VMware vRealize
- Experience with implementing Defense Information Systems Agency
(DISA) Secure Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs) within a
Department of Defense environment.
- Basic understanding of enterprise technologies covering IP
networking, SQL Databases, Windows / Linux Server, Directory
Services, Web Servers, and storage.
- DoD 8570 level II IA/T or IA/M certification.
- Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.
- Travel - 80% when needed.
Preferred Technical Qualifications
- You are a solution level subject matter expert with broad
knowledge across the VMware technology stack and of 3rd party
- You are a solution level subject matter expert with regards to
operating, maintaining, optimizing, hardening, and expanding the
virtual infrastructure to support VMware vRealize Automation,
third-party plugins, and API's.
- You have a strong understanding and current working experience
with automating solutions and infrastructure with Ansible,
Terraform, and VMware vRealize Automation.
- Preferred General Qualifications
- BA or BS degree in the relevant field.
- Currently holds a VMware VCP or higher certification.
- Currently holds a CCNA or higher certification.
- Currently holds a certification that demonstrates technical
knowledge with SysOps, DevOps, or equivalent.
Job Category: Delivery Engineering
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 75%
Keywords: CDW, Hoboken , Senior Platform Engineer - Federal DOD, Other , Hoboken, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!