Transfer Station Supervisor Morning shift
Company: Waste Management
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Waste Management has an exciting career opportunity for a
Supervisor to oversee the operations at the transfer station in
Brooklyn. This supervisor will have responsibility at Varick
Avenue, Review Avenue & the BQE transfer stations. This is a great
career opportunity for someone with strong leadership skills. The
shift will start at 3:30AM and typicall end at 12PM with one
Saturday per month.
I. Job Summary
Supervises the day-to-day transfer station operations and monitors
compliance to safety and other regulations.
II. Essential Duties and
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Supervises the development, implementation, maintenance, and
monitoring of processes, procedures and programs to improve safety,
productivity, and profitability of the transfer station.
- Supervises transfer station staff and coordinates workflow and
- Conducts recurring safety/compliance meetings.
- Reconciles facility revenue from operations, facility billing,
and monthly P-card statements. Processes employee payroll.
- Orders supplies as needed.
- Creates and submits weekly and month end reports to senior
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including coaching,
training, and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into
termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Uses Microsoft Excel ford data entry for rail container
- Use SharePoint and Microsoft Teams
- Fills in at the scale house when needed
- Responsible for task management and scheduling of employees on
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the
management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 10 full-time employees including: site
supervisors, drivers, mechanics, operators, sorters, attendants,
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited)
- Experience: 4 years of relevant work experience
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other
- Valid driver's license required
- Weigh master certification preferred but not required
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Driving experience, knowledge of DOT regulations, equipment
operating and supervisory experience may be required.
- Ability to drive company vehicle to surrounding transfer
- Ability to oversee employees and provide task assignments and
assist with scheduling conflcts
- Proficiency using Microsot Exel and Teams
V. Work Environment
PandoLogic. Keywords: General Labor, Location: Hoboken, NJ - 07030
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is a transfer station.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply.
Keywords: Waste Management, Hoboken , Transfer Station Supervisor Morning shift, Other , Hoboken, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!