MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based
on an individual's status in any group or class protected by
applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications
from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all
other qualified applicants.
The key responsibilities will be:
* Review of complicated or complex income tax returns with
strong focus on corporate & partnership clients;
* Manage, monitor and direct multiple client engagements on
* Review ASC-740 Tax Provisions;
* Conduct tax due diligences in connection with M&A
transactions and IPOs;
* Manage federal and state tax examinations;
* Prepare written tax advice to clients evaluating alternative
courses of action and interpretation of the Internal Revenue Code
and Treasury Regulations;
* Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on all aspects of tax
compliance, tax research and planning.
The successful candidate will have:
* 13+ years of experience and a CPA preferably with a Masters in
Taxation or JD.
* Experience in C Corporation and Partnership returns.
* Tax Controversy - represent clients before any tax authority
and respond to all questions from federal or state agencies.
* Proficient in ASC 740 tax provisions.
* Excellent analytical, technical and tax accounting/technology
skills with proficiency in US GAAP, tax compliance, corporate
consolidated returns, consolidated federal tax returns, partnership
returns, and combined state tax returns.
* Exceptional client service and communication skills with a
demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client
* Ability to encourage a team environment.
* Excellent written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
* Strong leadership, training, coaching and mentoring
* Computer expertise including knowledge of tax software and
Reputable, international, mid-size public accounting firm with
clients exclusively in the luxury retail space.