MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based
on an individual's status in any group or class protected by
applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications
from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all
other qualified applicants.
* Proven track record in the business development of Automated
* Requires an existing understanding of the application and
processes within the material handling industries, i.e. Automotive,
industrial manufacturing, electronics, food and beverage.
* Build relationships and communicate effectively within and
across all functional teams to stay up to date on projects, ensure
understanding of offerings, and understand potential sales
* Engage with our customers and suppliers to understand
competitive landscape and opportunities.
* Ensure clients stay engaged and educated on all products and
services through workshops, lunch and learns, meetings, trade
events and appropriate informal events.
* With Sales Management, establish performance goals aligned
with account targets for year over year account growth and
* Provide forecast support to all service line managers
utilizing CRM, Sales Funnel and the opportunity pipeline (monthly,
annually, five-year plan).
* Prepare marketing action plans in the region.
* Requirements gathering through site surveys and other
* Utilize CRM to maintain accurate and up to date records of
account data, contact data, opportunity and bid data; Understand
the opportunity pipeline and ensure CRM data is up to date and
* Actively participate in bids & proposal teams, including
effective handover of relevant information.
* Actively participate in and support/adhere to procedures,
safety and quality initiatives.
* Prioritize sales efforts on high potential, higher margin
* Grow current and new relationships through client interface
with the goal of increasing business and maintaining existing
customers (Key-account Management).
* Implement the company sales strategy to attain new business
sales in assigned accounts.
* Collaborate with internal marketing, technical leads,
engineering and service departments.
* Work directly with maintenance, engineering and procurement
clients to discuss their needs and develop/propose customized
* Continually contact prospective customers based on leads,
existing contacts, and/or other sources.
* Network in Industry with clients and with other business
* Deliver operational business performance as per established
goals and objectives.
* Implementation of work processes and procedures to increase
* Identify and resolve problems using independent judgment where
company policies or procedures may not exist.
* Participate in exhibitions, sales conferences, and other
* Engage in market/product related organizations, prepare and
give marketing/sales presentations.
* Actively keep informed about market/product related news and
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or related field,
or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* 10+ years in technical sales or related experience.
* Industrial Engineering training and field experience.
* Experience in maintaining activities and pursuits in CRM.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact
effectively with local and remote team members.
* Strong presentation, influencing and persuasion skills.
* Excellent interviewing skills including active listening and
* Demonstrated ability to meet hard deadlines.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Ability and willingness to travel a minimum of 50 percent
domestic with some international travel as required.
International, market leading Automated Guided Vehicle
Excellent compensation package
Position can be located anywhere in the US