MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based
on an individual's status in any group or class protected by
applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications
from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all
other qualified applicants.
* Driving new business through strategic partnerships and
identifying, approaching and securing 5-6 figure grants from new
institutional and/or corporate foundation sources.
* Initiate engagement with prospects creatively and effectively
based on their full net worth (e.g. expertise, network, and
financial capacity), regularly opening up grantmaking opportunities
for personal portfolio as well as colleagues in North America and
* Lead North American institutional and/or corporate foundation
pipeline activity, prospecting activities and research to deliver a
thoroughly researched pipeline of 5-6 figure prospects
* Engage colleagues across entities and key external
stakeholders in developing strategies
* Develop and keep updated information on services, projects and
initiatives requiring funding.
* Develop and prepare high quality written materials, overseeing
donor proposals, communications, award submissions, and stewardship
* Ensure grant compliance, helping to secure reports from
technical staff and satellite offices in a timely fashion as well
as interpreting and preparing information for donors.
* Serve as team liaison to Business Development, providing
effective surge support for proposal coordination, development and
* Ensure full and timely records of donor activity are kept in
*Qualification and Experience: *
* 5+ years of successful experience in portfolio management and
* Experienced in developing and progressing institutional and/or
corporate foundation relationships with proven track record of
securing donations, as well as upgrading levels of support.
* Experienced in researching and qualifying prospects to grow a
strong prospect pipeline, with comfort in thinking outside the
* Track record of meeting and exceeding performance
expectations, and proactively using activity targets to monitor
* Experienced in working in a complex international or global
working environment, including working remotely with other team
* Knowledge of philanthropic motivations and current trends in
major giving in North America and globally.
* Basic understanding of financial management including
budgeting and forecasting.
* IT literate including the use of Microsoft Office, Outlook,
Skype, Sharepoint and donor databases (knowledge of Salesforce a
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent, Masters in applicable area
* Exceptional relationship building skills with a high level of
* Excellent interpersonal skills including diplomacy,
discretion, persuasiveness, and the confidence
* to deal with a range of external audiences including those at
a very senior level.
* Detail-oriented project manager, highly organized and adept at
planning and prioritizing concurrent activities with flawless
* Highly effective communication skills with the ability to
craft polished, concise communications for a variety of audiences
and articulate the case for support for international development
and global health externally to stakeholders.
* Proven leader and motivator of people with commitment to
fostering diversity and cultural sensitivity.
* Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing atmosphere that
demands and rewards innovation and creativity, with a high bar for
commitment and performance.
* Proactive problem-solver with an ability to think creatively
and critically, and to use own initiative.
Competitive compensation and benefits package