Sr. Manager, E-Commerce Quality Assurance Position Title: Sr.
Manager, E-Commerce QA
Location: Hoboken or Atlanta
Reports to: Sr. Director, IT Architecture and Digital
Newell Brands Digital Technology Team implement and manage
Newell’s digital marketing and E-Commerce properties globally,
including GracoBaby.com, YankeeCandle.com, FoodSaver.com,
Marmot.com, etc. We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Manager,
E-Commerce QA to lead our QA organization to deliver high quality
products that exceed consumer expectations.
The ideal candidate will be an advocate for Quality Assurance
(QA) best practices, an expert to lead initiatives such as
automation, and also a strong leader who can develop partnership
across business and technical organizations to successfully lead /
execute large testing efforts. This role will define agile testing
strategy for fast paced E-Commerce and Digital Technology projects,
develop QA budget and resources plan, define testing framework /
best practices, as well as execute end-to end QA activities
(manual, automated, performance, regression, SIT, UAT) to ensure
high quality products deployment.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to the
• Provides leadership, coaching and mentoring to a team of
onshore and offshore Quality Assurance professionals.
• Effectively plans and develops long-range strategies that
successfully accomplish the quality and business objectives;
Proactively reviews and updates the quality program requirements as
business needs, objectives and strategy evolves.
• Lead cross-functional testing workshop, execution, as well as
produce any necessary QA dashboard reporting for both leadership
and project teams.
• Define testing / QA strategy, quality gates, and coordinate to
ensure consistent / appropriate testing by project QA team members,
cross-functional SIT and UAT testing teams, as well as to ensure
full and appropriate use of test automation frameworks.
• Defines and implements test planning, test automation and test
execution processes to assure each Production release is delivered
as efficiently as possible and with high quality.
• Defines quality metrics, gathers and analyzes data and
implements process improvements based on analysis results.
• Partner with our Security organization to execute Security and
• Partner with key stakeholders including operations, training,
outsourcing partners, and lines of business to define and establish
quality standards and processes.
• Develops a high-performing Quality Assurance team through
training, knowledge sharing, team collaboration and professional
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in relevant fields (Computer
Science, Engineering) preferred or equivalent technical job
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in managing a team of QA
Automation and Manual Engineers for E-Commerce organization
- Practical Demandware/Salesforce Commerce Cloud knowledge is a
- Experience with technical platforms for automation - Selenium,
Java, Cucumber, Gherkin
- Advanced understanding of SDLC, agile concepts and their
relationships with QA practices.
- Advanced experience in Quality Assurance principles, best
practices, as well as in developing test strategies, test plan and
- Advanced experience in Functional, UI, SIT, Performance and
- Good understanding in business processes and application
system of e-Commerce, including ERP “Order to Cash” functions,
Payment, Shipping, Financial / Settlement, Sales, Pricing and
Promotions, Consumer Service/Support, Product Catalog Management,
Content Management, and Digital Marketing
- Self-motivated and independent critical thinker who can
visualize and guide team during conflicting situations to stay
focused on business goals and priorities
- Effective conflict and impediments management in a fast-paced
environment, take higher responsibilities working with cross
functional team who are working on multiple priorities
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with ability to
influence stakeholders and team members with variety of personal
styles to focus on right priorities under pressure and tight
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods
company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including
Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot,
Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK,
Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For
hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better
every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and
its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with
applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to
Email this job to yourself or share with a friend
How would you rate your experience popup
Newell Brands is an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer. We provide all employees and applicants for employment
with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, citizenship, immigration status, marital status, military
status, any covered veteran status, disability status, genetic
information, caregiving responsibilities or any other basis
prohibited by law.
Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster and additional