This position is responsible for analyzing and reporting on
expenses. Primary accountability for this position is production
and implementation of reporting and analytic capabilities that will
assist in the control of expenses; improve timeliness of
decision-making; and help drive improved financial performance.
• Provide daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly cost reporting
and analytics to key stakeholders such as management and operations
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting and analysis
against budgets and forecasts, in addition to monthly management
business review materials.
• Prepare analytics for yearly budgeting process.
• Assess the impact of operational changes and cost saving
initiatives using financial and computer modeling tools and
• Identify and communicate trends and early alerts on changes
that would impact performance.
• Proactively propose, design, create and deliver statistical
and expense modeling and the corresponding analysis
• Review and analyze reporting results and maintain frequent and
regular contact with field management to communicate changes,
trends, and opportunities.
• Produce data integrity cross-checks for all reported data,
assuring viability of results at all times.
• Prepare ad hoc analysis and special projects to assist
headquarters and field management monitor, understand, and control
maintenance and repair expense.
Qualifications Knowledge, skills and abilities
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, preferably with
a major in Business, Finance, Economics, or Accounting.
• Must have proven competence in data mining and analysis, and
excellent expertise in Excel, Access, Oracle and PowerPoint. Must
also have experience in relational database usage, SQL, and
• A minimum requirement of 2 years of data analysis, accounting,
financial planning and/or business analytical background, and/or
excellent academic background in relevant field.
• Specific experience in the intermodal or transportation
industries a plus but not required.
• Proven ability to perform analytical work with a high degree
• Ability to identify and interpret trends and present findings
• Must possess excellent problem solving, analytical,
conceptual, communication and interpersonal skills, in addition to
the ability to think creatively.
• Must work well in a team-oriented, dynamic environment and be
able to recommend and implement process improvements, while also
able to work independently, prioritize workload and handle multiple
• Adaptability to internal databases, software, and
technological initiatives. Ability to effectively learn new
Additional Information 90-100K Range + bonus
Please email Resume to: email@example.com