Assistant Director of Financial Aid Operations Job
Job Description Summary
The Financial Aid Systems Manager is responsible for the
effective and efficient management of the technical processes
related to the utilization of the PowerFAIDs financial aid system
and its integration with University (student information and CRM
systems) and the US Department of Education systems. These
responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analysis,
modification, and maintenance of application programs and software
solutions, system set-up for new processing years, testing of new
software releases, the development of system-based rules, the
development of management queries, managing electronically
generated communications between the financial aid office and
students and coordinating activities with the Office of Information
The incumbent has subject matter expertise of federal, state,
and institutional financial aid regulations and uses technology to
develop sound strategies to support effective, efficient and
compliant policies and procedures
· Responsible for the day-to-day administration of the technical
processes related to the utilization of the PowerFAIDS financial
aid system, including the importing and exporting of files with the
U.S. Department of Education and other regulatory agencies and
daily integration activities with university systems.
· Troubleshoot, update, modify, and analyze PowerFAIDs to ensure
compliance with regulatory needs and changes.
· Ensures successful storage and retrieval of data across a
variety of campus systems; ensures financial aid systems interface
with other campus systems.
· Creates complex custom queries and programs for a variety of
financial aid management needs and reporting requirements; creates
queries to analyze and identify data integrity issues.
· Monitors and maintains data integrity of financial aid tables,
fields, reports, and related systems; works with the Office of
Information Technology to execute scripts to correct data
· Provides expert technical assistance and training for
financial aid staff on system procedures, system integration, data
integrity, and reporting.
· Coordinates with information technology, finance, and other
college staff to facilitate the resolution of implementing and
scheduling new and/or modified business processes and the
development of new modified database processes and reporting
· Load and Test new software releases.
· Develop system-based rules and management queries to ensure
· Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving all
· Maintain policies and procedures for the University’s
financial aid and related systems as they relate to financial aid
· Assist other Information Technology Services staff in
identifying and resolving software and hardware issues impacting
the operation of the Financial Aid Office.
· Implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with
federal and state laws and consistency in awarding financial
· Other duties as assigned.
· A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required
· Three years of specialized experience in managing financial
aid systems; with expertise working with an integrated
administrative computer software system.
· Experience with U.S. Department of
Education web sites and reporting tools.
· Significant working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with a
thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word (including Mail Merge
functionality) and Microsoft Excel.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work
effectively with cross-functional teams.
· Five years progressively responsible administrative experience
working in a post-secondary financial aid office preferred
· Experience working with PowerFAIDs financial aid system
· Experience working with query-based reporting tools
Financial Aid Operations General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens,
you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter
and resume with each application. Other requirements for
consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that
prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates
or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including,
but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex,
national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry,
marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial
status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information,
pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or
any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body
and strongly encourages applications from female and minority
candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans'
Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of
1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus
Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the
Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual
security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery
Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the
following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police
Posted 2 Days Ago
About Us Stevens Institute of Technology, The Innovation
University®, is a premier, private research university situated in
Hoboken, N.J. overlooking the Manhattan skyline. Founded in 1870,
technological innovation has been the hallmark and legacy of
Stevens’ education and research programs for more than 140