Technology Lead Negotiator, Associate Director
Company: Ernst Young
Posted on: September 18, 2022
At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you
are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and
technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on
your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better,
too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and
a better working world for all.
Our Strategic Deal Team is seeking experienced professionals for
the role of Lead Negotiator. The Lead Negotiator is primarily
responsible for developing and executing a strategic close plan
that brings collaboration and discipline to the deal-making
process. The Lead Negotiator will work on EY's largest and most
complex deals to bring innovation and value to EY's clients. The
role reports to the Negotiation Leader for the Americas Strategic
Your key responsibilities
Essential Functions of the Job
- Act as a key conduit of information between the account team
and Strategic Deal leadership
- Team closely with regional business development leaders to
advise and strategize on opportunities
- Cascade global best practice, process consistency and synergies
for negotiations to the regions and client accounts
- Build relationships with Global and Regional leadership to
enable successful activation and implementation of negotiations
strategy and plans at region level and continued adherence to
- Leverage proximity and relationships with Global, Area, Service
Lines and Regions to facilitate and encourage successful
integration of Negotiations across priority deals in the
- Instill exceptional client service into the end-to-end
negotiations process across EY
- Provide advice / counsel to pursuit teams on commercial
strategy for large complex deals and support large deals
- Engage directly and coach client teams and clients on global
priority deals to negotiate the best possible commercial terms
- Maintain oversight of global priority deals across relevant
regions to ensure flow through CoE process is followed
- Successful activation and implementation of global negotiations
strategy in Area / Region respectively
- Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Exercises considerable independent judgment when analyzing
information and evaluating results to recommend the best strategy
- Identifies the strengths and weaknesses of alternative
solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Identifies opportunities for increasing sales and drives
towards achieving the global Total Engagement Revenue
- Results-oriented and makes sound decisions quickly, given tight
- Demonstrates versatility in a constantly evolving environment
with a wide variety of social styles
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Approximately 10-12 years plus of previous negotiation
experience (in either sales, legal or procurement)
- Previous experience of managing teams/communities
- Worked in a large complex Global organization
- Strong understanding of leading negotiations practices with
- Experience leading and managing high performance teams
- Proven ability to influence and build collaborative
relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
Ideally, you'll also have
- University/Bachelor degree required
- Substantial and relevant "first-chair" experience as a lead
negotiator in the technology services industry
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrate success in building internal and external
relationships at a senior level
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Depending on regional geography, some travel may be required as
well as attending Area leadership meetings/training.
- Internal and external obligations may require working after
normal business hours.
What we look for
We are looking for you to make a significant contribution to Deal
Activation in America. You will bring new thinking, energy and
enthusiasm alongside expertise in deal management to a team that's
contributing to EY's new global strategy.
You will have experience leading virtual teams and know how to draw
the best from others, embracing differences and encouraging
diversity for successful outcomes.
What we offer
As part of this role, you'll work in a highly integrated, global
team with the opportunity and tools to grow, develop and drive your
career forward. Here, you can combine global opportunity with
flexible working. The EY benefits package goes above and beyond
too, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social
well-being. Your recruiter can talk to you about the benefits
available in your country. Here's a snapshot of what we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to
navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and
flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights,
coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you
are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Please apply to this role only through the 'Apply' link (not
through the local office). Your application will then be routed to
the appropriate recruiting team.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY - Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create
long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in
the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150
countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow,
transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and
transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for
the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing
equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without
regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran
status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis,
including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to
individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual
with a disability and either need assistance applying online or
need to request an accommodation during the interview process,
please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries)
and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will
route you to EY's Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer
Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Ernst Young, Hoboken , Technology Lead Negotiator, Associate Director, IT / Software / Systems , Hoboken, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!