Career & Talent Development Specialist
Company: Stevens Institute of Technology
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Career & Talent Development Specialist
Preparing students to successfully navigate an ever-changing global
job market for employers seeking early-career talent requires a
comprehensive and contemporary approach. The Stevens Career Center
is one of the leading career centers at connecting the right
student to the right opportunities. We are seeking an energetic
professional who can deliver a high-touch, personalized experience
for students, virtually and on-campus. If you are ready to make a
meaningful impact every day join our team.
As a member of the Career& Talent Development team, you will report
to the Assistant Director, Career & Talent Development. You will be
expected to successfully meet the following expectations.
* Learn and understand current trends in early-career talent
acquisition and develop strategies needed to help students seek and
obtain internships, cooperative educational experiences, and their
first professional job.
* Coach students in one of our outstanding schools, including the
School of Engineering & Science, School of Systems & Enterprises,
School of Business, or College of Arts & Letters. Identify talent
in your assigned school and collaborate with the Employer
Engagement & Talent Connections team to connect the right students
with the right employers and opportunities.
* Collaborate with key academic partners to gain an understanding
of degree programs, employment sectors and industries that are best
suited for students. Collaborate with colleagues throughout the
Stevens community to understand the student experience,
organizations, and innovative projects.
* Making presentations is a key part of the job. If you have great
presentation skills, you will enjoy designing and delivering our
career education curriculum to large groups of students or
recording videos to ensure we meet the diverse learning needs of
* Conduct one-on-one, personalized talent development sessions with
students virtually and in-person. During your talent development
sessions gather important information to help track student
successes by gathering information on career success outcomes. We
want to know how, when, and where students land great internships,
cooperative experiences, and their first jobs.
* Design and implement strategies to maximize student participation
in career activities and the talent development journey.
* Play a key role in helping to reimage the cooperative education
program. Research and identify innovate ways to effectively expand
the program and to incorporate new technologies, and other
resources into the program.
* As needed, participate in prospective student and family
admissions events, new student orientation, and other student
* Successfully complete other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree required, master's degree preferred and three
or more years of relevant experience preferably in career advising,
career development, talent development, or recruiting. Or a
seasoned, experienced professional with industry experience seeking
a career change and an opportunity to make a meaningful impact in
the lives of young people.
* Proven track record of success demonstrated through goal
achievement, continuous learning, and continuous improvement.
* Knowledge of technology degree programs or career paths in
engineering or technology desired, but not required
Knowledge and Skills
* Demonstrate a willingness to collaborate with students,
teammates, and employers to gain an understanding of contemporary
hiring processes and stay abreast of trends.
* Must demonstrate an interest in working with a college-aged
* Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
* Willingness to gain an understanding of the Stevens undergraduate
and graduate curricula
* Possess an understanding of MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint
* Experience or comfortable learning and working with advanced
computer applications such as SmartSheets, Handshake, Zoom, MS
* Possess excellent organizational, written, oral communication,
and presentation skills
* Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
* Self-starter with an ability to adapt to change and handle
multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
* Occasional travel may be required. Willingness to occasionally
work evenings and weekends to attend university or career center
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you
must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and
resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration
may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits
discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or
employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but
not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex,
national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry,
marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial
status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information,
pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or
any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and
strongly encourages applications from female and minority
candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans'
Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of
1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department
of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report
which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain
a copy of this report by accessing the following web site:
Keywords: Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken , Career & Talent Development Specialist, Human Resources , Hoboken, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!