Payroll Manager - Americas
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Location: Hoboken, NJAt Wiley, we welcome you for who you are,
the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited
about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone,
and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives,
and your passion. It's in our differences that we empower the way
the world learns.The Payroll Manager-Americas is responsible for
all aspects of end-to-end payroll for Wiley's Americas based
entities, including processing and reporting of payroll and
employee compensation-related transactions, management of staff,
and leading payroll-related process enhancements/system
initiatives.How you will make an impact:
- Instruct and oversee all aspects of the payroll function for
the Americas, including payment for wage and salaries,
payroll-related taxes, payments to third parties for benefits and
other compensation-related costs, leave management, salary
sacrifice arrangements, allowances, year-end processing and
finalization of payroll reports at each pay cycle.
- Review payroll-related journals and reconciliation of all
payroll-related general ledger accounts monthly to ensure accurate
reporting in the SAP general ledger.
- Administer the processing and reconciliation of performance
- Manage payroll-related queries from Wiley colleagues ensuring a
high-quality of service.
- Oversee Wiley Americas payroll service provider performance,
ensuring compliance and that systems and processes correctly
compute and record time, earnings, deductions, taxes and efficient
- Stay informed about legislative/statutory changes to
compensation-related withholdings and benefits, working with HR and
payroll service providers to ensure accurate change management to
payroll systems and effective communication to colleagues.
- Maintain records of payroll service provider contracts and
ensure timely payment of service fees and close review of the
quality of service conditions.
- Process new employees and temporary workers for financial or
tax purposes during onboarding.
- Oversight and review of team deliverables, providing guidance
on how to resolve issues and errors.
- Supervise, coach and mentor Payroll team members. Assessing
performance, coaching, and developing capabilities.
- Ensure that all relevant internal controls are in place and
- Produce monthly/quarterly operational reporting packages,
including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), error levels and
volume metrics. Ensure achievement of operational service level
- Identify opportunities for and improve implementation of
process improvements for payroll-related activities.
- Design and execute testing strategies and plans for ongoing
process and technology change initiatives.We are looking for people
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years of payroll experience
- Managerial/supervisory experience
- Experience working with payroll systems/service providers such
as ADP, Ceridian, Workday, Success Factors
- Payroll knowledge, transactional and reporting experience in
payroll and ERP systems
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience working cross-functionally with HR, Benefits IT/HRIS
teams on enhancements, implementations, and conversions and program
- Experience with data analysis, problem solving and solution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, ability to
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency and ability to meet
- Willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business
hours to accommodate different time zonesAbout Wiley:We are in one
of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism
and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As
a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to
research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations
achieve their goals and people achieve success from education
through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries
ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the
times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers.
The company's headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with
operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.Wiley
is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate
qualified applicants and treat all applicants and employees without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected
veteran status, or based on any individual's status in any group or
class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.When
applying, please attach your resume/CV to be
consideredLocation/Division:111 River St, Hoboken, NJ 07030, USAJob
Requisition:41293Time Type:Full Time
Keywords: Wiley, Hoboken , Payroll Manager - Americas, Human Resources , Hoboken, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!