Family Medicine / Internal Medicine Physician - Optum Tri-State - Full-Time
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Here at--Optum, part of the largest network of medical groups in
the nation, we are seeking a dedicated and patient-centric--Family
Medicine or Internal Medicine--Physician--to join our
growing--Adult Primary Care--team in the--Hoboken, New Jersey--area
(i.e., previously a Riverside Medical Group practice). Located in a
charming, bustling urban community within close proximity to NYC
(Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn, etc.), Jersey City, Secaucus,
Bayonne, Weehawken, & Union City ---at Optum, we are--transforming
healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care
- Physician-led, patient centered team-based
- Providing full spectrum Family/Internal Medicine & Adult
Primary Care, focusing on value-based care, and supported by a
robust team of specialists.
- Full-time;--Work-Life Balance;--Flexible Scheduling--(potential
for 8, 10, or possibly even 12-hour shifts)!
- Local office hours are:
- Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 8:00pm; and
- Saturday: 8:00am - 4:00pm.
- Full-Time schedules are highly flexible/adaptable, but
generally require an equal combination of day & evening shift hour
coverage (i.e., at least 2 shifts per week working until 8:00pm,
Monday - Friday) - as well as 2 Saturday shifts per month. 8 or
10-hr shifts are highly preferred![Note: Schedules are confirmed at
least 1 month in advance, an ideal candidate would be someone with
scheduling flexibility & ability to work combination of day and
evening shift hours weekly.]
- Average patient load: Goal/Target is 3-4 patients per
- Teamwork; Evidence-based Medicine.
- Autonomy to practice at the peak of your license.
- Supported to grow your practice and patient panel.
- Fully integrated and actively using EPIC for electronic medical
- Dedicated/consistent physician colleagues, and advanced
practice providers. & ancillary support staff (i.e., CMA's, Front
Office, Office Manager, etc.).--There are always 2-3 clinicians
working each day of the week/weekend.
- No on-call & inpatient/hospital rounding.Primary
- Direct and manage a complete continuum of high-quality care
within the care team.?--
- Treat chronic diseases and disorders.?--
- Reviews patient file/record, including allergies, problems,
medications, and immunization status.?--
- Elicits and records information about patient's medical
- Orders or executes various tests, analyses, and diagnostic
images to provide information on patient's condition.?--
- Analyzes reports and findings of tests and examination and
diagnoses condition of patient.?--
- Oversees and provides collaborative support to Advanced
Practice Clinicians.What makes an Optum organization
- Value-Based care model; Evidence-Based medicine.
- Quadruple Aim: Improving Patient Satisfaction; Lowering Costs;
Delivery High-Quality Outcomes; Increasing Provider Satisfaction
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their
- We recognize that if you want to provide good care and do it
well, you can't do it alone - this is the foundation of the
team-based care model.
- A culture of Innovation, Collaboration, Transformation, and
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still
maintaining the culture and community of our local care
organizations; putting people first and working together with
"Optum-ism" striving to improve everyday with an open mind and an
open heart.Compensation & Benefits Highlights:
- Compensation based on quality, not quantity - annual incoming
2-year guarantee with additional bonus incentives.----
- Annual increases and significant Bonus Eligibility.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Vision
- Excellent PTO package (increasing with tenure) & Paid
- Robust retirement including employer funded contributions.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP for UGH stock).
- Physician partnership opportunities with Optum.
- Company paid malpractice insurance and tail coverage.
- Licensure reimbursement & CME.
- Consistent Career Growth, Professional Development, and
- Fortune 5 Company - United Health GroupAbout the Optum
Tri-State Regional Care Team:Optum's Tri-State regional care team,
including legacy ProHealth Physicians, CareMount and Riverside
Medical Group, provides services across the care continuum - from
preventive medicine to diagnostics to treatment and beyond.-- As a
truly integrated health system, our physicians and advanced
practice clinicians are part of a much larger care team in primary
care, urgent care and more than 25 specialties, as well as
ambulatory surgery, imaging and more. As a Patient Centered Medical
Home, Optum Tri-State is able to provide patient-focused medical
care to the entire family.-- Part of a tri-state regional care team
of over 2,100 providers who serve more than 1.6 million patients,
our doctors and clinicians have access to the latest medical
information and technology, which lets them spend more time with
patients, provide better care and realize better outcomes.As a
National Committee for Quality Assurance "Level III- Patient
Centered Medical Home," Optum Tri-State is able to provide
patient-focused precision medical care to the entire family and is
committed to providing patients with the highest quality medical
care.In addition to providing the highest quality of care, Optum
Tri-State offers its patients the best hours of operation of any
private practice in the country. Patients have around-the-clock
access to a health-care team and have the benefit of same day and
walk in appointments. --As an advocate for prenatal health and
education, Optum Tri-State offers prenatal classes every weekend
free of charge. Optum Tri-State believes in giving back to their
community and the patients they serve through health fairs,
charitable giving/foundation, and free medical education.Required
- Unrestricted medical license in the State of New Jersey or has
New Jersey medical license application in process.
- Board certification or board eligibility in Family Medicine
and/or Internal Medicine.
- Active and unrestricted DEA License (or ability to obtain prior
- Active New Jersey CDS license (or ability to obtain prior to
- Active Basic Life Support (BLS) certification (or ability to
obtain prior to start).
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients
and members on site, as this is an essential function of this
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this
role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster
doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth
Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as
well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of
vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to
ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential
job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.Preferred
- Bilingual Spanish language skillsTo protect the health and
safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve,
UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all
employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to
beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require
full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job
function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and
local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client
COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary
information from candidates prior to employment to ensure
compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job
functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet
the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an
employment offer or termination of employment.The Optum Story:--At
Optum, we've found that putting clinicians at the center of care is
the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is
one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations
in the world, serving almost 130 million people through more than
78,000 aligned physicians and advanced practice clinicians. You
will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and
urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk,
higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration
and innovation. Learn more at--.--Diversity creates a healthier
atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.----OptumCare is a drug-free
workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before
Keywords: Optum, Hoboken , Family Medicine / Internal Medicine Physician - Optum Tri-State - Full-Time, Healthcare , Hoboken, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!