Company: Stevens Institute of Technology
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Job DescriptionOperations ManagerThe School of Systems and
Enterprises seeks qualified candidates for the position of
Operations Manager to support the day-to-day operations within the
Dean's Office and under the supervision of the Assistant Dean. The
Operations Manager must handle confidential material with tact and
discretion; provide excellent customer service; demonstrate
exceptional judgment and interpersonal skills; manage high-volume,
challenging, and often time-sensitive priorities; and follow
through on projects with great attention to detail and high-quality
results.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a principal point of contact for SSE operational
inquiries, requests, and issues
- Manage SSE space inventory, space schedules, and seating
- Manage data related to human resources, students, personnel,
space, IT, policies, and procedures
- Manage SSE SharePoint files
- Develop, document, and implement operational policies and
- Gather and conduct research, analyzing information and data and
presenting findings in a concise format. -
- Oversee travel for faculty/staff and provide guidance in
- Coordinate internal and external events.
- Assist with special projects as needed. Qualifications -and
- Bachelor's degree in business, public policy, science,
engineering, education, or related field or equivalent combination
of education, training, and experience. Master's degree
- 3-5 years' experience in higher education or related
- Demonstrated ability to develop and streamline processes.
- Detail-oriented with solid analytical and problem-solving
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively in a
- Knowledge of practices and processes for providing customer and
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with aptitude to learn new
software and systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in event planning a plus.DepartmentSchool of Systems
& Enterprises - AdministrationGeneral Submission Guidelines:In
order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must
submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and
resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration
may depend on the job.Still Have Questions?If you have any
questions regarding your application, please contact
Jobs@Stevens.edu EEO Statement: Stevens Institute of Technology is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an
employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or
harassment against candidates or employees based on legally
impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to,
race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality,
citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership
or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or
blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related
medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or
veteran status. Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and
student body and strongly encourages applications from female and
minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with
disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era
Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure: In accordance with the Jeanne Clery
Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics
Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to
publish an annual security report which includes statistics
mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by
accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police
Stevens Institute of Technology, The Innovation University -, is a
premier, private research university situated in Hoboken, N.J.
overlooking the Manhattan skyline. Founded in 1870, technological
innovation has been the hallmark and legacy of Stevens' education
and research programs for more than 140 years.
Keywords: Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken , Operations Manager, Executive , Hoboken, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...