Civil Engineer- Project Manager
Company: Pure Power Engineering
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Civil Engineering Manager position whose primary duties will
include managing civil, survey and environmental sub consultants
for PV projects of varying sizes (C&I, distributed generation
and utility scale). Engagement with subconsultants will include
design coordination, construction document review, regulatory
compliance, zoning review and geotechnical/hydrological study
review. Additionally, this position will work with a team of staff
design engineers, project managers and engineering consultants to
review and design, large commercial and utility solar PV projects.
About Pure Power Pure Power is an engineering firm specializing in
designing big, challenging, and high-profile Solar PV systems. As a
full-service engineering firm, we create the electrical and
structural drawings and calculation packages for bidding, permits
and construction, as well as supporting the lead up to the full
engineering drawings, primarily interconnection support and
electrical/structural feasibility studies. Those that join the
company have an opportunity to: - Work in a fast growing, exciting,
& innovative industry - Have a career with purpose and impact on
the environment - Contribute to the best and largest firm in the
solar industry with a great reputation built over the past 10 years
- Take pride in the fact that our services really are the best in
the industry. There is no fake it until you make it here
- Manage all aspects of civil engineering scope related to each
- Evaluate project locations for site suitability, based on the
site's geotechnical conditions, hydrology, topography, and other
characteristics relevant to a solar system.
- Support Sales and Project Development Departments by sizing
potential customer sites using satellite imagery, publicly
available land data, and PV system design experience.
- Provide civil engineering guidance on the design of PV systems
including selecting racking/mounting equipment, designing access
roads, drainage plans, performing relevant calculations, erosion
prevention, and other tasks throughout the design and construction
- Prepare and/or evaluates technical specifications for
foundation designs and construction site plans from
- Prepare technical specifications for geotechnical and other
related civil studies (Hydrology, SWPP, erosion control, etc.)
- Provide technical guidance to the company regarding best
engineering practices to meet site requirements.
- Assist procurement in running RFPs and managing installation,
civil, and geotechnical sub-contractors.
- Collaborate with Project Management, Engineers from all
disciplines, and construction partners to ensure a
well-coordinated, quality design Document completed installations
for client as-built drawings for purposes of operations and
- Remain up-to-date on new technologies and regulatory conditions
including building codes, fire codes, utility requirements, vendor
qualifications, industry best practices, safety standards, and
relevant standards development.
- Perform planning and design tasks including conceptual layouts,
grading, storm water management and underground utilities on a wide
range of PV projects
- Hold strong technical skills in survey, stormwater management,
hydraulics, hydrological analysis, utility substation design,
grading and other site development related designs
- Utilize Civil 3D to design site layouts, earthwork, underground
utilities, roadways, natural gas facilities, and solar
- Knowledgeable with applicable local, county, state, and federal
processes, and regulations.
- Coordinate and support the preparation and submission of
required permits to comply with federal, state, and local
- Support the development of electrical designs or internal
process changes to improve efficiency, quality, or performance
- Inspect facilities or sites to determine if they meet
specifications or standards
- Prepare project task budgeting and implementation
- Collaborate with electrical project team including the project
manager, design lead, and CAD designers to ensure company standards
and best practices are implemented
- Meet required deadlines while aiming to exceed client
- Survey data processing and database management Coordinate with
Pure Power's in-house Power Engineering Team
- Coordinate with all internal subject matter experts as required
to develop best practices regarding interconnection design
- Manage advance engineering staff to produce studies and
required interconnection documents.
- Manage our in-house resources that perform detailed
- Review drawings to ensure compliance with all requirements of
the utility and IA.
- Perform and support a variety of interconnection studies with
- At handoff, ensure requirements for the design are known by the
- Communicate effectively, both written and oral, with project
team and management staff Leadership & Subject Matter Expert
- Elevate the technical capabilities of the organization.
- Contribute to a centralized knowledge base for others in the
company to use.
- Bachelors in Civil or Construction, Land Survey or other
- 5-7 years of experience in site development/ permitting,
designing civil projects and producing construction drawing sets
and documentation, ideally in the solar power industry
- Interaction with utility and construction teams is
- Significant experience managing site development, roadways and
- Demonstrates capability to oversee and manage staff of
- Experience with Autocad and Civil 3D
- Must have a Professional Engineering license
- Experience with Solar PV design software including: Helioscope,
- Experience with cost estimation of designs
- Experience developing projects at the local, State and Federal
- Some travel will may be required Preferred Qualifications
- Professional Engineering license.
- MS in civil engineering, or other related discipline.
- NABCEP certification.
- PLS is highly recommended Location This position will be based
out of our exciting downtown Hoboken, NJ Headquarters with the
flexibility to work a hybrid in-office and remote weekly schedule.
We are next to public transportation options from NYC and Northern
NJ. We also provide a parking spot for the days when an employee
wishes to drive to the office and for those that utilize public
transportation, we will cover the costs associated with traveling
to and from the office.
Compensation and Benefits We offer a competitive salary
commensurate with experience. We pay 100% of our employee medical,
dental, and vision benefits costs, offer 401K matching, commuter
benefit and much more! Equal Opportunity Employer Pure Power is an
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the
importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy
of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all
job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or
gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a
driving force in the success of our company. PI192111722
Keywords: Pure Power Engineering, Hoboken , Civil Engineer- Project Manager, Executive , Hoboken, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!