EYP - Analytics - Data Scientist - Director - Multiple Locations
Company: Ernst & Young Advisory Services Sdn Bhd
Posted on: January 8, 2022
EYP - Analytics - Data Scientist - Director - Multiple Locations
Location: Chicago Other locations: Anywhere in Region Date: Sep 15,
2021 Requisition ID: 321423 At EY, you'll have the chance to build
a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support,
inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you.
And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY
become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional
experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent,
informed decisions. As a Director within EY-Parthenon you will help
make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely
talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of
high-profile transactions. The EY-Parthenon sub-service line
comprises three competencies: Strategy; Transaction Strategy and
Execution; and Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy. EY-Parthenon
- Transaction Strategy and Execution has a market-leading
proposition to create and maximize value for our clients, whether
they are acquiring or divesting assets, or undertaking operational
restructuring. - The opportunity Transaction Strategy and Execution
- Analytics team works on the most complex and high-profile global
transactions, across a broad portfolio of clients and industry
sectors. We advise CFO's of Fortune 500 companies as they undertake
complex mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures. We are a group of
highly experienced professionals with a background in M&A,
Finance, and Strategy who are serial transaction advisers, which
enables us to bring a wealth of deep sector and functional
knowledge to our clients. As a team, we develop integration
strategies, prepare and execute separation and integration plans,
identify ideas and sources of value enhancement, as well as advise
on risk mitigation and the successful change of operations,
functions and people. You will join one of the fastest growing
practices at EY and in the industry where you will find plenty of
opportunities for your professional growth and development. As a
senior member on the team, you will be a vital member of the team
managing and executing operational focused projects. You'll execute
and manage projects across all sectors, supporting our client
service team in developing and executing strategies for
transactions. Part of your role will also involve developing
analytical toolsets across a range of different type of
engagements, including pre-deal (e.g. operational and carve-out
planning) and post-deal (e.g. integration planning, tracking).
Having a commercial mind-set is key to this role. To be success in
this role, an individual will need to be proficient in the
- Operations decision support and scenario analysis -
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional /
non-functional business requirements.
- Mathematical programming and statistical modeling
- Optimization, Forecasting and Simulation -
- Big data integration and homogenization
- Transportation and logistics analytics -
- Multi-echelon inventory optimization -
- Network modeling and footprint optimization -
- Sourcing, spend and procurement analytics -
- Discrete event and continuous flow simulation - Your key
responsibilities In support -of EY Parthenon engagement teams, this
role will lead a team responsible for developing and implementing
protocols that comply with established policies, procedures and
standards of the specified functional area of the technology
operation. -Writes code and scripts that provide desired
functionality to the system solutions, typically for large, complex
or leading-edge data science applications, products and programs.
Develops, codes, tests, debugs, and documents applications systems
to achieve the objectives of the client group relative to
identified system needs. Works closely with Data Scientists and
business SMEs on producing the state-of-the-art software which will
facilitate Strategy and Transactions pre-sales.
- Works on complex data science projects, and leverages knowledge
of applications development methodologies, hardware
characteristics, and other technologies to produce comprehensive
solutions, within the agreed quality, service commitment levels,
schedules and budgets.
- Actively involved in the daily operational activities that
generally impact important components / processes of the
-technology function, including but not limited to writing code and
scripts that provide desired functionality to the web-based
software, typically for large, complex or leading-edge sites,
products and programs.
- Contributes to software design
- Evaluates compatibility of programs with existing
communications hardware and software.
- Develops protocols to support established standards.
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to
- Coordinates cross-functionally to accomplish assigned
- Mentors less experienced members of the team. To qualify for
the role you must have
- A master's degree and at least 5 years of (or a PhD's degree
and at least 3 years of) experience in using data, programming and
mathematical techniques to solve business issues related to supply
chain optimization, operations effectiveness, cost -transformation,
working capital improvements and other types advanced analytics
- Degree in statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer
science, operations research, industrial / systems engineering,
business analytics or related -data science relevant work
experience (e.g., Machine Learning, AI) -
- Prior experience with one of more advanced data mining tools
(e.g. -SQL, Hadoop, Alteryx), programing language (e.g. -Python, R,
SAS), visualization application (e.g. -Tableau, Spotfire, Power
BI), and decision modeling tool (e.g. -SC Guru, JDA, SASS, AIMMS,
GAMS, Arena, Gurobi) -
- Strong knowledge of data management, data structures and
analytic models -
- Excellent analytical, project management, communication,
teamwork and interpersonal skills. -
- Experience in strategy, operations research, supply chain,
procurement and/or logistics roles a plus.
- PC proficiency including MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, VBA and
MS Excel. -
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and
external data and processes to answer specific business questions
and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured
- Executing various analyses (e.g., customer segmentation, market
sizing, -marketing lift, pricing optimization, -economic
forecasting, network optimization, clustering and regression
analysis, geospatial modeling) to support the strategic
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data
structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting
value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and
highly scalable 'big data' data stores.
- Experience with Cloud technologies
- Client and team management experience preferred - Ideally,
you'll also have
- Experience gained within another consulting services
- Established networking skills in a relevant industry.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills. What we look
for We're interested in talented professionals with the ability to
visualize our clients' goals and think creatively to facilitate
them - often in politically charged environments. If you have an
entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new
challenges, this role is for you.--- What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be
rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you
bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package
includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and
a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation
policy, you'll decide how much vacation time you need based on your
own personal circumstances. You'll also be granted time off for
designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family
Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your
physical, financial, and emotional well-being. --- Continuous
learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate
whatever comes next.
--- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and
flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
--- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights,
coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
--- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you
are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please
contact us as soon as possible. The exceptional EY experience. It's
yours to build. EY - Building a better working world EY exists to
build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for
clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150
countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow,
transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law,
strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to
find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today. EY
is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing
equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without
regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran
status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in
accordance with applicable law. EY refers to the global
organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of
Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal
entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by
guarantee, does not provide services to clients.
Keywords: Ernst & Young Advisory Services Sdn Bhd, Hoboken , EYP - Analytics - Data Scientist - Director - Multiple Locations, Executive , Hoboken, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!