Planning & Interconnections Engineer
Company: Pure Power Engineering
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Description:Pure Power Engineering is seeking an experienced
Planning & Interconnections Engineer whose key responsibilities
will be to prepare computer-based models, documentation, and
perform power system studies on transmission systems in support of
our developer clients and their interconnection projects. This
person should have experience conducting and analyzing power flow
studies in the Western, Eastern, and Texas Interconnections. These
studies may be attributed to generation interconnection impact
studies and/or transmission system and alternatives analysis.
Additionally, this position will assist with training less
experienced Planning Engineers and coordinate and interface with
design engineers, project managers and engineering consultants
throughout the post IA (design) cycle for large commercial and
utility generation and storage projects. About Pure Power Pure
Power is an engineering firm specializing in designing big,
challenging, and high-profile Solar PV systems. As a full-service
engineering firm, we create the electrical and structural drawings
and calculation packages for bidding, permits and construction, as
well as supporting the lead up to the full engineering drawings,
primarily interconnection support and electrical/structural
feasibility studies.Those that join the company have an opportunity
- Work in a fast growing, exciting, & innovative industry
- Have a career with purpose and impact on the environment
- Contribute to the best and largest firm in the solar industry
with a great reputation built over the past 10 years
- Take pride in the fact that our services really are the best in
the industry. There is no fake it until you make it here
Responsibilities This role will significantly support PPE's Power
Engineering Department in serving our clients' project development
needs. Our clients and PPE are actively planning, designing, and
building tomorrow's renewable power sources. We are looking for
experienced engineers with relevant transmission planning and
generator interconnection experience in the U.S. General
- Perform complex power flow, dynamic studies and quantitative
analysis, running load flow studies, and fatal flaw analysis using
PSSE, PSLF, and similar power flow analysis tools as the project
lead planning engineer.
- Use industry specific software such as PSSE, PSLF, PowerWorld,
- Consult with clients on determining best locations for new
- Analyze and assess the transmission system in response to
requests for long-term transmission service or the interconnection
of a new generator or load.
- Assist in the training of entry level engineers.
- Provide support to the planning team.
- Preparation of specialized reports for clients.
- Participate in the proposal writing process
- Communicate with customers and internal staff effectively and
have the capability to explain complex technical issues to
decision-makers and project teams.
- Develop, analyze, and verify generator models, and completing
generator model validation requests.
- Other tasks as assigned. Coordinate with Pure Power's in-house
Power Engineering Team
- Coordinate with internal subject matter experts as required to
develop best practices regarding interconnection design
- Perform and support a variety of interconnection studies with
- At handoff, ensure requirements for the design are known by the
engineering team. Leadership & Subject Matter Expert
- Elevate the technical capabilities of the organization.
- Contribute to a centralized knowledge base for others in the
company to use.
- Identify and remediate inefficiencies in processes.
- Develop process controls and quality assurance tools to ensure
study accuracy. Requirements:Required Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems or
other related discipline.
- 5+years of experience power flow studies using PSSE, PSLF,
PowerWorld, and/or TARA.
- Experience performing Transient Stability studies using PSSE,
PSLF, or PowerWorld.
- Experience performing Generation Interconnection Request
including all documentation, models, etc. needed for final
submission to utility/RTO/ISO.
- Experience working with ISO/RTO's planning teams.
- Experience in consulting roles and client service,
- Minimal travel may be required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including
proposal writing, report writing, and other technical writing.
- Ability to critical think and prioritize resources to provide
the most value to our clients. Preferred Qualifications
- Professional Engineering license highly preferred.
- MS Degree in related discipline.
- Experience working for a consulting firm is preferred.
- Experience with Transmission Planning and Generator
Interconnection studies as well as regional regulatory knowledge of
generation interconnection processes and procedures of ISOs/RTOs
and utilities across the United States.
- Programming skills in C++, Python, or VBA programming languages
is a plus.
- Experience in a training/mentoring role with less experienced
- Experience interfacing with clients. Location This position
will be based out of our exciting downtown Hoboken, NJ Headquarters
with the flexibility to work a hybrid in-office and remotely weekly
schedule. We are next to public transportation options from NYC and
Northern NJ. We also provide a parking spot for the days when an
employee wishes to drive to the office and for those that utilize
public transportation, we will cover the costs associated with
traveling to and from the office.The eligibility for this role to
be remote may be approved for the right candidate.Compensation and
BenefitsWe offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
We pay 100% of our employee medical, dental, and vision benefits
costs, offer 401k matching, commuter benefits and much more!Equal
Opportunity EmployerPure Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and
inclusive workforce. It is the policy of our company to recruit,
hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status,
disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize
that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of
Keywords: Pure Power Engineering, Hoboken , Planning & Interconnections Engineer, Engineering , Hoboken, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...