Field Structural Engineer
Company: Pure Power Engineering
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Pure Power Engineering is a leader in the design and engineering of
commercial and utility scale solar PV systems. Our strength is
creating the drawings that contractors use for permits and
construction. An essential aspect of our design is the structural
analysis of buildings and structures that support the solar PV
system. We are looking to hire a Field Structural Engineer to
assist with on-site structural inspections and analysis.
Pure Power is an engineering firm specializing in designing big,
challenging, and high-profile Solar PV systems (with or without
energy storage). Our sophisticated clients know engineering isn't a
commodity and it pays in the end to have the best detailed,
technically accurate, and well thought out designs. As a
full-service engineering firm, our work is creating the electrical
and structural drawings and calculation packages for bidding,
permits, and construction, as well as supporting the lead up to the
full engineering drawings, primarily interconnection support and
electrical/structural feasibility studies.
Founded in 2012, Pure Power has experienced 9 consecutive years of
revenue and personnel growth. You will be coming into a culture of
constant education, improvement, and teamwork. We place an emphasis
on training and professional development, which results in an
extremely low turnover rate and employees that stay and grow with
the company for a long time.
You will be coming into a culture of constant education,
improvement, and teamwork. As a Pure Power engineer, challenge
yourself every day to make each design and drawing set the best one
- Perform on-site structural inspections and gather information
on as-built conditions.
- You will work alongside our in-house Structural PE to generate
the solar industry's best structural design, analysis, and
- Perform structural analysis for building structures and solar
mounting systems such as ballasted roof, attached roof, ground
mount, and elevated canopy/carports.
- Produce required structural analysis documentation for the
approval of solar permits.
- Determine and prepare wind and seismic calculations to ensure
the integrity and compliance of the photovoltaic mounting
- Use AutoCAD to generate drawings and sketches.
- Lead or participate in project meetings and conference
- Work cross functionally with other teams within and outside the
engineering department to ensure clients' needs and internal
deadlines are met.
- Degree in Structural Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant structural design experience in a variety
of commercial building projects.
- Willing and able to conduit site visits to gather information
on existing structures up to 60% of the time.
- Experience with various structural software packages for
analysis and design such as RAM Connection, TEDDS, ETABS,
- Analysis of buildings and multi-level parking garages.
- Calculation of all kinds of loads acting on a given structure
(wind load, seismic load, snow load, and combinations these loads
per code, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of engineering standards, codes, and other
applicable state and federal guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a
dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver's license.
- Active Professional Engineering license.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering
- Economical and cost-conscious design of concrete pads,
foundations, and structures (for inverter stations, switchgear
- Review of and coordination with solar racking system supplier,
including but not limited to; racking system components,
structures, and foundations.
- Familiarity with, and eventual mastery of, solar racking
manufacturer's designs and specifications.
- Experience in electrical pole design.
- Expertise in local building code requirements (IBC) and live
loads (wind, snow, etc.).
- Geotechnical engineering knowledge and experienced in
interpreting geotechnical reports, analysis of soil-structure
interaction, soil corrosion, bearing capacity, swell/settlement,
expansive soil, earth pressures, pavement section design, frost
heave, slope stability, underpinning, and shoring design.
- Background in steel design, concrete design, aluminum design
and cold formed steel framing system analysis and design.
- A background in surveying and coordinate systems.
- Interfacing closely with development, engineering, and
The role will start partially remote focusing on field inspections
and visits. Pure Power is in exciting downtown Hoboken. We are next
to public transportation options from NYC and Northern NJ. We also
provide a private parking spot for those that wish to drive to the
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. We pay
100% of our employee benefits costs and offer healthcare plans,
dental, vision and 401K matching.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pure Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and
respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is
the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote
persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and
inclusion is a driving force in the success of our
Keywords: Pure Power Engineering, Hoboken , Field Structural Engineer, Engineering , Hoboken, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!