Company: Pure Power Engineering Inc
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Pure Power is seeking an experienced engineer to design and
generate construction documents for commercial and utility scale
solar PV systems.
Pure Power is an engineering firm specializing in designing big,
challenging, and high profile Solar PV systems (with or without
energy storage). Our sophisticated clients know engineering isn't a
commodity and it pays in the end to have the best detailed,
technically accurate, and well thought out designs. As a
full-service engineering firm, our work is creating the electrical
and structural drawings and calculation packages for bidding,
permits, and construction, as well as supporting the lead up to the
full engineering drawings, primarily interconnection support and
electrical/structural feasibility studies.
Founded in 2012, Pure Power has experienced 9 consecutive years of
revenue and personnel growth. You will be coming into a culture of
constant education, improvement, and teamwork. We place an emphasis
on training and professional development, which results in an
extremely low turnover rate and employees that stay and grow with
the company for a long time.
You will be coming into a culture of constant education,
improvement, and teamwork. As a Pure Power engineer, challenge
yourself every day to make each design and drawing set the best one
- Design and engineer commercial PV solar systems between 100kW
and 20MW in size.
- Develop construction documents using AutoCAD.
- Develop specifications, collect data, and complete utility
interconnection applications and building permit
- Develop detailed equipment specifications.
- Coordinate activities between clients, utilities, permit
agencies, contractors, and other engineering firms.
- Travel to project sites from time to time to gather
site-specific data, as required.
- Site assessment and analysis both from on-site data collection
and network tools.
- Contributing to or writing technical papers.
- Site specific production analysis of PV arrays using models
such as PVsyst.
- While most of this work will be carried out in Pure Power's
office in Hoboken NJ, some travel to sites will be
- Roof surveying using total stations and other professional land
- Integrating energy storage systems into the solar PV
- Provide mentorship and training to new and junior engineering
- 2-5 years' experience designing commercial & utility scale
solar PV systems.
- BS in electrical engineering or other related
- Familiarity with the National Electrical Code
- Familiarity with the Autocad, PVsyst, SKM, & Etap
- Ability to communicate among construction, technical and
non-technical personnel, both internally and outside the
- Experience in traditional building design with an MEP
- Medium Voltage engineering experience.
- Experience designing energy storage systems
- Hands on experience installing, commissioning, testing, and
troubleshooting solar PV systems.
- NABCEP certification.
The role will start partially remote (work from home) until COVID
clears up, then will transition to 50% remote and 50% in the
Hoboken Office. Pure Power is in exciting downtown Hoboken. We are
next to public transportation options from NYC and Northern NJ. We
also provide a private parking spot for those that wish to drive to
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. We pay
100% of our employee benefits costs and offer healthcare plans,
dental, vision and 401K matching.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pure Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and
respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is
the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote
persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and
inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Keywords: Pure Power Engineering Inc, Hoboken , Electrical/Solar Engineer, Engineering , Hoboken, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!