Senior Electrical & Solar Engineer
Company: Pure Power Engineering
Posted on: May 14, 2022
PV Pros is seeking an experienced engineer to provide technical due
diligence and development support services. The candidate shall
possess experience and understanding in the design, installation,
operation, maintenance, & repair of commercial and utility scale
solar PV & energy storage systems. This position offers tremendous
opportunity for growth and advancement as the business expands.
About PV Pros
PV Pros provides nationwide Owner's Engineering services for
investors, owners, & financiers of solar PV and storage systems. We
ensure our client's success by being a trusted advisor in technical
risk management and project delivery support. PV Pros is a trusted
name in the solar & storage industry with an experienced
multidisciplinary engineering team & standardized processes that
support single projects or large portfolios of commercial and
utility scale projects.
The Engineer is responsible for conducting technical due diligence,
engineer reviews, PVsyst & energy models, performance analysis &
reporting, and on-site inspections. A senior candidate can be fast
tracked to include project management responsibilities.
- Review drawings, reports, & contracts.
- Create reports of findings with photos, descriptions, severity,
- Interfacing with project owners/stakeholders as a consultant
who assesses technical and financial risk for their projects.
Assist in determining the financial impact on performance or cost
- Work with the installers/contractors to ensure they understand
the problems and solutions to the issues you identified.
- Providing background research on technical questions both for
internal use and for clients.
- Conduct the on-site activities of technical due
- Visual inspections for workmanship, code compliance, and best
- Commissioning & re-commissioning - visual inspections plus
testing/measurements of equipment performance.
- Construction monitoring site visits, reporting on QC issues and
overall progress of construction vs schedule.
- Communication - Main point of contact for client(s) projects.
Manage relationships with project stakeholders, including project
owner & investors, off-takers, equipment vendors, etc.
- Scheduling & Budgets - Manage budget, schedule, subcontractor
supervision, and client relationships. Ensure projects are executed
ahead of schedule and under budget.
- Execution of work - Manage the parallel execution of multiple
projects in various stages.
Leadership & Subject Matter Expert
- Elevate the technical capabilities of the
- Contribute to a centralized knowledge base for others in the
company to use.
- Develop training programs such as best practices,
troubleshooting procedures, and equipment use.
- Create standardized forms the engineers will use.
- Mastery of the National Electrical Code as applicable to solar
and energy storage systems.
- Technology evaluation and risk assessment.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years Experience in the solar PV industry.
- Able to take highly technical issues and communicate them in a
manner that can be understood by non-technical clients.
- Ability to travel out of state for short periods of
- Have a valid driver's license with clean driving
- Be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
- Able to work outdoors in extreme environments.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years' experience in solar engineering or project management
within an EPC.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent career experience.
- NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certificate
- OSHA 30
The role will start remote (work from home) until COVID clears up,
then will transition to 60% remote and 40% in the Hoboken Office.
However, 100% remote will be considered for exceptionally qualified
PV Pros is in exciting downtown Hoboken. We are next to public
transportation options from NYC and Northern NJ. We also provide a
private parking spot for those that wish to drive to the
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. We pay
100% of our employee benefits costs and offer healthcare plans,
dental, vision and 401K matching.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PV Pros is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and
respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is
the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote
persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and
inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Keywords: Pure Power Engineering, Hoboken , Senior Electrical & Solar Engineer, Engineering , Hoboken, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!