Financial Product Controller
Company: Michael Page International Inc.
Posted on: August 5, 2022
_MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based
on an individual's status in any group or class protected by
applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications
from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all
other qualified applicants._
* Daily production of Balance Sheet Reconciliation and monitoring
of key controls.
* Monthly reconciliation of Finance to MARPL P&L.
* Identification and resolution of balance sheet breaks between
general ledger and sub-ledger systems.
* Ensure data quality and integrity review of downstream Regulatory
* Work closely with colleagues across the Business to utilize
reconciliation tools and other control procedures to identify and
resolve trade/position/P&L discrepancies in a timely manner.
Escalate issues as necessary with effective, clear, and concise
communication to management.
* Preparation, posting and review of manual journal entries to
clear daily balance sheet breaks as well as to close the books at
period end (monthly and quarterly).
* Provide Account Certification of quarter-end general ledger
* Maintenance of the general ledger and mapping tables.
* Specification of appropriate accounting rules in the sub-systems
for new products to ensure proper postings to the general
* Continuous update of Policy/Procedure documents for the Product
* Develop, maintain and update front to back process and controls
documentation covering data flow from trade capture through
settlement. This includes development of process mapping or flow
charts, as well as supporting policy and procedure initiatives.
Monitor control deficiencies and other areas of improvement, assess
their severity, work with stakeholders, and propose effective
control enhancements to prevent future reoccurrence.
* Actively work to reduce manual Journal Entries.
* Implement effective process controls and process re-engineering
to improve inefficiencies.
* Participate in the interpretation and implementation of new
regulatory requirements and accounting standards.
* Ad hoc requests from internal business and other internal
clients. This requires close liaison with Front Office, MARPL,
Operations, and other trade support teams.
* Provide support for any external or internal audit review and
ensure coordination of timely, quality assured responses for
regulatory and audit exams.
* Participate in cross-functional training to ensure adequate
coverage. Product Controller will be required to back-up, fill in,
or otherwise support other team members in addition to
participating in transverse projects.
* Manage/participate in key cross-functional projects (control
enhancements, process automation, system implementations).
* Strong interest in process improvement, automation, and system
enhancement. Support and actively participate in key business
initiatives by delivering substantive and meaningful
* Identify, validate, and implement further strategic opportunities
to enhance data quality. Communicating, monitoring and following up
on key issues is critical. This requires close working
relationships with Data Quality, Technology, Front Office,
Operations, and other related Business Functions.
* Generate Business Requirements and Test Cases and execute User
Acceptance Testing to ensure new technology delivers functions as
* Overhaul manual reconciliation processes by simplifying and
automating procedures, reducing spreadsheets, and developing clear
and comprehensive supporting documentation that validate all
balance sheet accounts.
* Develop daily and monthly reporting analytics and provide
relevant analyses and commentary to explain position/P&L
* Participate in the identification and/or development of
technology to support new and existing business processes.
* Interact with internal and external auditors, as well as
The role requires a good technical skill set with the ability to
translate commercial business transactions to the correct
accounting treatment followed up by adequate and appropriate
substantiation of the balances.
Michael Page is hiring a Finance Product Controller VP for a
corporate and investment bank.
+ Growth opportunity
Keywords: Michael Page International Inc., Hoboken , Financial Product Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Hoboken, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!