Senior Revenue Accountant
Company: JW Player
Posted on: May 4, 2022
Job DescriptionAbout JW Player:JW Player is the leading video
software and data insights platform that gives our customers
independence and control in today's Digital Video Economy. Founded
over a decade ago as an open source video player, JW Player's
technology platform now powers digital video for hundreds of
thousands of businesses across NA, EMEA, APAC and LATAM. Each
month, there are over 1 billion viewers across 2.7 billion unique
devices consuming video on JW Player's technology. The Finance
Team:The Finance team at JW Player plays a big part in the
company's continued success. The team works with various internal
stakeholders, from Sales and Sales Operations to Legal and senior
management. As JW Player continues to grow its global footprint, we
look to the Finance team to provide us with operational and
analytical insights to strategically grow. The Opportunity:We are
looking for a Senior Revenue Accountant with extensive knowledge of
ASC606 and revenue recognition to join small power packed team.
Working closely with internal stakeholders in our Sales, Sales
Operations, Legal, Finance and senior management, this individual
is at the pinnacle of making massive impacts to the continuous
growth of the business. If you are looking for a role where you can
own the contract to cash process, implementation and automation of
the controls around contract approvals, invoicing and revenue, this
is the perfect opportunity for you! As a Senior Revenue Accountant,
- Complete primary review and validate all executed contracts,
confirming compliance with internal policies, ASC 606 GAAP, and
- Ensure all information required for order submission is
documented and accurate.
- Collaborate with internal departments such as Sales, Finance
and Sales Operations to ensure efficient, timely and accurate
invoice processing and resolution of discrepancies.
- Calculate and record prepaid commissions on a monthly
- Calculate and distribute commission statements to the sales
- Manage the Revenue Accounting close process including
applicable journal entries.
- Prepare the Annual Recurring Revenue analysis for management
- Ensure internal and external client inquiries regarding
invoices, payments, discrepancies and contract clarification
requests are fully resolved in a timely fashion with a high level
- Collaborate with Sales Operations to facilitate any subsequent
changes or adjustments requested by Sales or Client and use
discretion in determining course of action.
- Comply with SLA response times for contract approvals,
invoicing and client inquiries.
- Perform daily posting of customer payments.
- Manage annual financial audit related to revenue.
- Participate in the design and implementation of automated
solution for billing and revenue.
- Perform other ad-hoc projects or tasks as requested by
managementRequirements of the role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience as a Revenue Accountant
- 5+ years of billing/revenue recognition experience.
- Understanding of and ability to apply U.S. GAAP
- Knowledge of ASC 606 revenue recognition standard including
- Experience working with Salesforce CRM and a subscription
- Exceptional Excel skills (V-LOOKUP, pivot tables) and highly
proficient in Microsoft Word and G-Suite.
- Highly organized, with the ability to multitask and prioritize
in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Ability to leverage good judgment in problem-solving and issue
- Active CPA license (or CPA candidate)
- Experience working in SaaS environmentPerks of being at JW
Player, U.SWhen you join JW Player, you are not just joining a
company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and
ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our
success! As a full time employee, you will qualify for:
- Private Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage for you and your
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Stock Options Purchase Program
- Quarterly and Annual Team Events - because team building is
- Professional Career Program and Career Development
- Bi-Annual Hack Weeks for those who are interested in using
their coding knowledge
- Fireside chats with individuals in the JW Player familyWe are
an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: JW Player, Hoboken , Senior Revenue Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Hoboken, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!